Can't get last bit working... Apache -.- pls hlp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: Can't get last bit working... Apache -.- pls hlp

Postby sparkone » 12. April 2011 15:17

hmm i actually have no idea what i used to extract it? there was no option to choose extraction program?
i had installed WAMP if thats an extraction tool? but i couldn't find any kind of log, and cannot associate WAMP with XXAMP in any way?
However i did find an error log concerning Apache from previous download.

The last image i posted, I clicked cancel. I think maybe it is all extracted? As i cannot find the zip file anywhere? i wanted to delete what i had already extracted, and download winrar or something then extract from scratch, but as i said, i can't find the zip file anywhere :|

I had a look for Error Code: 0×80004005
Could only really find reference to SQL?
ref: http://www.theemailadmin.com/2009/07/tr ... x80004005/

Here's what i have in the C:\xampp\xampp folder:

Annonymous........... (folder)
Apache.................. (folder
cgi-bin.................. (folder)
contrib.................. (folder)
FileZillaFTP.................. (folder)
htdocs.................. (folder)
install.................. (folder)
licenses.................. (folder)
MercuryMail.................. (folder)
mysql.................. (folder)
apache_start.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
apache_stop.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
catalina_start.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
catalina_stop.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
filezilla_setup.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
filezilla_start.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
filezilla_stop.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
mercury_start.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
mercury_stop.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
mysql_start.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
mysql_stop.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
passwords.txt.................. (Text document)
readme_de.txt.................. (Text Document)
readme_en.txt.................. ((Text Document)
service.exe.................. (Application)
setup_xampp.bat.................. (Windows Batch File)
xampp_start.exe.................. (Application)
xamp_stop.exe.................. (Application)
xampp-control.exe.................. (Application)

:?: Is this everything?
:?: Should i continue with setup dispite that error message?
:?: Is it possible to fix once setup is complete, if it causes any problems later?
:?: Do you know how i can find out which program extract the zip file?
:?: Does the .Zip file still exist anywhere (hidden) on my system? if so where will i find it?
:?: Having got the Error Code:0×80004005 does this mean the download is corrupted? or will just require a possible fix later on?
:?: I have no idea what to do next. Should i continue trying to set it up? (just continue from where i got to?)

I have used so much internet allowance so far, and would really like to not have to download it all again. I don't think i have enough internet usage left to download it all again :(

Everything seems to have been extracted? but tbh i wouldn't really know if something is missing lol

:!: I soooo owe you a drink after all this lol :!:
sparkone

Postby sparkone » 12. April 2011 15:49

C:\xampp\xampp\xampp_start.exe
(on double-clicking 'xampp_start.exe', this is what appears in Command Prompt_

....................................................................................................
C:\xampp\xampp\xampp_start.exe
....................................................................................................
XAMPP now starts as a console application.

Instead of pressing Control-C in this console window, please use xampp_stop.exe to stop XAMPP, because it lets XAMPP end any current transactions and cleanup gracefully.

110412 15:28:33 [ERROR] Can't find messagefile 'C:\xampp\mysql\share\errmsg.sys'

httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 35 of C:/xampp/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf: ServerRoot must be a valid directory
110412 15:28:33 [WARNING] Can't create test file \xampp\mysql\data\Owner-PC.lower-test
110412 15:28:33 [WARNING] Can't create test file \xampp\mysql\data\Owner-PC.lower-test
mysql\bin\mysqld.exe: Can't change dir to '\xampp\mysql\data\' <Errcode: 2> 110412 15:28:33 [ERROR] Aborting

110412 15:28:33 [Note]

I used dots to show where the Window Title starts/ends and where the White text on black backround starts/ends. I did this to save confusion, so i can continue typing in the same post :P

OK so i have established that i cannot continue with the setup :cry:
:?: What do i do next?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
sparkone

Postby Sharley » 13. April 2011 01:58

You need once again to start over fresh and clean - first make absolutely sure that you have uninstalled WAMPP completely as we don't want it to interfere with XAMPP in any way shape or form.

To save you having to downloading the zip file again you can try and find it like so:
click on
Start>Search>
Then under
What do you want to search for>
Click on
All files and folders
Type in the All or part of the file name box
xampp-win32 (or if you know the full name of the zip file type it).
This should locate the zip file and then drag it to your desktop by holding down the shift key while dragging which will move the file to the desktop rather than copy it.

If you still can't find the zip file then download it again to your desktop by right clicking on the zip file and selecting to Save Link Target (or similar) then select your desktop as the save location and always do this save to the desktop so you know where your downloads are saved to.

Next delete the C:\xampp folder again - a must do!.

Now download this 7-zip archive utility to your desktop (download the exe file for 32bit or the msi for 64 bit Windows (remember the right click trick to locate the file to your desktop):
http://www.7-zip.org/

Next install 7-zip.

After you have installed 7-zip right click on the downloaded XAMPP zip file on your desktop.
From the context menu look for 7-zip menu item and select to Open archive (do not select to extract it).

This will open the downloaded zip file where you will be able to drag the xampp folder to your C:\ drive.

Now after running the setup-xampp.bat file, follow my instruction in a previous post above.

Do not use xampp_start.exe as you are not familiar with working with the command prompt, simply follow my instructions in the previous post on how to start and stop the XAMPP components after installing XAMPP.

Try and remember that simply double clicking on files that you know not what the outcome might be can be both dangerous and costly in both time and money (if it contains a virus etc. )
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby sparkone » 22. April 2011 17:13

ok thanks, just takin a little break from it all - ill follow your steps through once i return in a week or 2.
HUGE THANK YOU for your help :D
you're awesome :wink:

i'll remove it all while im takin a break though, so i can come back to the whole thing ready to go (from the start)
ciao for now - i'll reply once iv gone through it all to let you know how i got on
sparkone

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows