URGENT HELP NEEDED ! - Uninstall Issue with Xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

URGENT HELP NEEDED ! - Uninstall Issue with Xampp

Postby MRB » 12. April 2011 14:11

I want to unstall Xampp to downgrade to Php 2.x. I ran uninstall_xampp.bat, answered 'y' for all questions, finally it gets stuck here and say

"....
Deleting files and folders...
C:\xampp\uinst.temp\xampp_uninstall.vbs(302, 13) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission Denined

Xampp uninstall OK"

Issues:
1. I am seeing all most all directories in Xampp folder. (means, uninstallation is not successful I guess)
2. Though I am doing this job with Administrator login, I gave Full control rights to Xampp folder for all users.

I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
MRB

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED ! - Uninstall Issue with Xampp

Postby Sharley » 12. April 2011 14:20

Something may still be running - first try and delete the xampp folder.

If no joy, open the Task Manager and make sure that there are no httpd.exe file or mysqld.exe files and if so End the processes.

Also try a reboot then try and delete the xampp folder after the reboot.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED ! - Uninstall Issue with Xampp

Postby MRB » 12. April 2011 14:35

Thanks for your reply Sharkey.

But I found that issue was different. Unfortunately I found no uinstallation option in xampp installation kit, and through search, I found only way to uninstall to use uninstall_xampp.bat if you used the installer to intall Xampp. So, I was running that batch file running in xampp location itself (ie. c:\xampp), it uninstaller could not able to delete xampp folder, so it says permission denied. When I run this batch from outside the folder, through commmand prompt, (ie. c:\> c:\xampp\uninstall_xampp), it worked fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Mohamed Rafik.
MRB

Return to XAMPP for Windows