Xampp was working last night, but now now.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp was working last night, but now now.

Postby Noobman » 05. April 2011 21:04

First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone! I am new to this community and I am halfway through completing my first website, but that's not my problem....

I downloaded XAMPP last night and have been experiencing problems with it. At first, the issue was Apache, which I remedied later on into the night. When I fixed Apache (changed ports), XAMPP ran smoothly with no technical hiccups. I got home about an hour ago and tried to run XAMPP again and now I am experiencing issues similar to the ones I dealt with last night. When I try to access http://localhost/xampp a page pops up saying:

SERVER ERROR IN APPLICATION "DEFAULT WEBSITE"

Error Summary:
HTTP ERROR 404.0- NOT FOUND
THE RESOURCE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HAS BEEN REMOVED, HAD ITS NAME CHANGED, OR IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE

This is the same page I was getting last night when i had issues with Apache. I don't think Apache is the issue now because the Xampp control panel shows that it is running along with MYSQL. Please healp me! My frustration grows with each passing minute.

-Noobman
Noobman

Re: Xampp was working last night, but now now.

Postby Sharley » 06. April 2011 02:57

Please read the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for more details about the 404 file not found error.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows