XAMMP modules fail to start properly

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMMP modules fail to start properly

Postby fourthwall » 03. April 2011 12:12

Hello everyone,

I have recently joined the support forums to resolve an issue with my XAMMP installation on my PC. After installing XAMMP for windows, I tried to start the Apache and MySQL modules. At the moment, the Apache module starts and runs successfully, but the MySQL module starts and stops immediately. Sometimes, other modules are affected. I have removed and re-installed XAMMP and the problem still persists. I am a relatively new XAMMP user.

I am running Win XP sp 3. I appreciate any help and advice :)
fourthwall

Re: XAMMP modules fail to start properly

Postby Sharley » 04. April 2011 00:40

Do you have another instance of MySQL installed on your PC that is currently running and using port 3306?

To find out download this little app that need no installation and it will tell you what is using the ports that XAMPP uses.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
This CurrPorts is the app that was included in the xampp-portcheck.exe file that is no longer available in recent XAMPP versions.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby fourthwall » 04. April 2011 06:42

Hi Sharely :)

According to CurrPorts, there are no other instances of MySQL running on port 3306.
fourthwall

Postby fourthwall » 04. April 2011 06:58

I removed XAMPP completely, including all the files in the XAMPP directory and reinstalled it. All modules appear to be running normally now.
fourthwall

Return to XAMPP for Windows