automatically updating conf file in xampp/apache/conf/extra/

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

automatically updating conf file in xampp/apache/conf/extra/

Postby jonhansnilsson » 28. March 2011 06:50

Is there a way to have setup_xampp.bat update the paths in xampp/apache/conf/extra/httpd-dav.conf ?
This is necessary because <Directory> does not allow relative paths.
I would like to update those extra conf files as xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf is updated.
jonhansnilsson

Re: automatically updating conf file in xampp/apache/conf/ex

Postby Sharley » 28. March 2011 07:23

What version of XAMPP are you referring to?

When you install XAMPP the paths are entered in all the configuration files automatically.

If you change the location of the xampp folder and run the setup_xampp.bat file then the new path location will be changed in all the configuration file once again, automatically.

Perhaps you did not explain what you really want to do?
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: automatically updating conf file in xampp/apache/conf/ex

Postby jonhansnilsson » 28. March 2011 07:34

Thanks for your reply, Sharley. I just upgraded to 1.7.4 26.1.2011.
I discovered that paths in conf files are updated as long as they fully contain the currently installed XAMPP directory.

As I think about the behavior more, it is an intelligent behavior. Kudos to the authors.

One caveat is:

The following paths will *NOT* be updated because 1.7.4. 26.1.2011 does not normalize the path characters
"c:\Users\jon/xampp"
"c:\Users\jon\xampp"
"c:\Users/jon/xampp"
In other words, install.php will not update the above because it thinks they are "different" from "c:/Users/jon/xampp"

Apache, however, will happily accept any combination of / and \ as the same directory.
XAMPP can be made compatible with Windows Apache paths by adding few str_replace($path, '\', '/') in install.php
jonhansnilsson

Return to XAMPP for Windows