How to install phpWebSite on xampp?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to install phpWebSite on xampp?

Postby rush4rk » 17. November 2006 16:08

Please lead me to some FAQ if there is one. i'm trying to install on windows.
I have spend few days and still can't figure it out.

Please help me.
Thank you.
rush4rk

Postby Izzy » 17. November 2006 23:24

What have you tried?
What error messages are you getting?

Give us much more info to work with.
Izzy

Re: How to install phpWebSite on xampp?

Postby jerz4lunch » 27. March 2011 04:06

Does the error look something like this?

Code: Select all
Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\phpwebsite\core\classcore/conf/defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpwebsite\core\class\Init.php on line 27

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\phpwebsite\core\classcore/conf/defines.php' (include_path='lib/pear/') in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpwebsite\core\class\Init.php on line 27

If so, can you help me resolve this issue?

Thanks.
jerz4lunch

Postby Sharley » 27. March 2011 05:14

Try your \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for more detailed clues perhaps.

C:\xampp\htdocs\phpwebsite\core\classcore/conf/defines.php

The path in the above posted error message seems to have forward and backward slashes mixed which may be a typo in the script or an incorrect setting, so check your script's paths are correct - if there is a configuration or settings page for administering this script then use it to make sure the paths are correct for Windows (or Linux) or manually inspect the code for possible methods to change from Linux to Windows or vice versa.

You may also want to consider checking out the phpWebSite's own support page as there may be members who have had this same or similar issue and who have perhaps found an easy solution - links are available on this page:
http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/pagesmith/8

I found this post link below which may be relevant and indicates that your issue has mixed slashes because of a setting that reflects you are using a mix of Linux type paths and Windows type paths hence the path in your post above has got awfully confused. :)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpwebs ... pic/991011
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby cockneyjock » 03. April 2011 16:50

Hi,

You will notice that the section of the path (core/class) has been repeated. There is obviously a 'replace' statement that is getting confused with the forward slashes and the backslashes.

Also, in 'defines.php' there is a section which referes to 'Pear'. It includes a line of code that can be commented (either in or out) if you use Windows. This is the only mention of Windows that I can find in the code and App State say that they develop on *nix systems and don't support Windows.

It seems that we need to search the code for the backslash anomalies and correct them. The problem being is that if, like me, you want then to upload to a *nix host, you have to go through and undo the lot :(

We need a function that will do this all in one go and, possibly, detect the OS. Beyond me I'm afraid but I live in hope.

Best wishes,

Alan ...
cockneyjock

Return to XAMPP for Windows