1.7.4 Installation Issues

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

1.7.4 Installation Issues

Postby mounty95 » 04. March 2011 13:46

I am trying to install the latest version on a Windows 2000 server. I had 1.7.3 running without issue and now I can not get MySQL server to start. Apache and Filezilla all start without issue. If I try to run MySQL from the XAMPP control panel it hangs and never starts. If I run the mysql_start.bat from from the root xampp folder, I get the following error:

The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll

I have tried to posting to Experts-exchange.com to try and resolve and was told to download the Windows Debugging Tools and that has not helped.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Pat
mounty95

Re: 1.7.4 Installation Issues

Postby jpinlv » 10. March 2011 20:07

I'm having the same exact issue. Trying to find an answer... Anyone?
jpinlv

Postby Sharley » 10. March 2011 20:32

Do you both have another instance of MySQL on your PC?

If so then uninstall the other instance of MySQL as it may be clashing with the MySQL instance in XAMPP.

Run \xampp\xampp-portcheck.exe and see what is using port 3306 the MySQL port.

Open Windows Task Manager and look for a running process of mysqld.exe or similar - if you see one then kill it and try and start MySQL in the XAMPP Control Panel again.

Check in the Windows Services and see if there is a MySQL service that is started - if so then Stop this instance and disable it, then try and start MySQL in the XCP.

If you don't find another instance of MySQL then try this method of install which often fixes some strange installer version issues:
Important! - Uninstall the installer exe version of XAMPP first and delete the xampp folder, then download and extract the zip version to the root of a drive or partition, then run the setup_xampp.bat file from the xampp folder.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby speed » 15. March 2011 01:34

I've checked all of those and no difference. The install was from ZIP in the first place. There was SQLEXPRESS and SQLBroswer, probably connected to VS 2005, running but stopping and disabling it had no effect. The dbghelp.dll file is part of FileZilla Server; which I'm not using. DL'd six versions of it looking for a newer one but, if it's in there at all (last three versions don't use it), it's the same date/time/size. Swapping it in anyway made no difference. MySQL refuses to start with this going on, so my project to finally get WordPress development on a local box is hosed until something can be figured out. This box is a W2k, SP4 - running v1.7.4. I may slap all of the tree over on the XP, SP3 box and see if that makes any difference, but I try to keep that workstation only for graphics and 3D modeling.
speed

Postby nakohdo » 06. April 2011 18:42

I had the same issue and tried the proposed solutions to no avail. I finally copied over the whole mysql folder from XAMPP 1.7.3 which seems to have solved the problem.
nakohdo

Postby karalia » 26. May 2011 17:53

Hello I have not so many exprience with Xampp!

I have the same problem!
So

i have xampp installed and working correctly on PC with XP

when i copy xampp folder contents to another PC with Windows 2000 server there is the same problem
*i have seen that port 3306 is free
*i have reinstalled the xampp but the problem remained

after that i have pasted this content to another PC with Windows XP and it is running perfectly again

So i suppose the problem with the second PC(with Windows 2000 server ) is related to th installed services on IT!

Do have any idea about which is the problem service or where is the problem!

Thank you in advance!
karalia

Postby cuborg » 07. June 2011 10:25

Same here without any solution...

EDIT MY SOLUTION: I have installed Version 1.7.3 and now MySQL is running.
cuborg

Postby masswin2000 » 09. June 2012 08:28

authors should xammp affixed to this thing and you do not do it
masswin2000

Operating System: Windows2000

Return to XAMPP for Windows