Port 80 and 443 already in use!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Port 80 and 443 already in use!

Postby nstreece » 03. March 2011 11:38

Hi i've just installed xampp and i got the error that the ports were already in use. I searched the forum to try andfind a fix. Used netstat to find out which process was using port 80 and 443, that was pid 3732. i've tried to find out what service that pid is but cant seem to find anything. Any ideas guys?

thanks neil
nstreece

Re: Port 80 and 443 already in use!

Postby nstreece » 03. March 2011 13:13

thanks for the reply but the pid is not in task manager for some reason but i do have a lot of services that are stopped, could one of those be the problem?
nstreece

Re: Port 80 and 443 already in use!

Postby Sharley » 04. March 2011 04:59

nstreece wrote:Hi i've just installed xampp and i got the error that the ports were already in use. I searched the forum to try andfind a fix. Used netstat to find out which process was using port 80 and 443, that was pid 3732. i've tried to find out what service that pid is but cant seem to find anything. Any ideas guys?

thanks neil
In English as this is an English only forum - run xampp-portcheck.exe in the xampp folder.

Usually Skype or IIS (Internet Information Service) Microsoft's web server that on some OSs runs by default at start up - AKA (also known as) World Wide Publishing and could be something like inetsrv.exe in the Task Manager.

Skype can be configured not to use port 80 and port 443 and IIS can be disabled from the Windows Control Panel.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows