Webdav password

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Webdav password

Postby Jocce » 07. February 2011 01:12

In the file webdav.htpasswd i remotely change from
wampp:XAMPP with WebDAV:bc7f2b670e7e965e307feb30492e642e
to wampp2:XAMPP with WebDAV:bc7f2b670e7e965e307feb30492e642e and now i can't login anymore with wampp2/xampp :/ i don't have access to the computer pshysically.. Any ideas how to solve this?
Jocce

Re: Webdav password

Postby Sharley » 07. February 2011 01:51

Posting such information about how to change a password remotely in an open forum could perhaps present a security risk for others.

If you changed it remotely and you have no access to the PC locally then have the person who has access locally do the job for you or change it back to what it was before you changed it.

Current security measures only permit access to the parts that you have to change by localhost or an IP on your LAN not by a remote computer using an Internet IP address.

An Advanced forum search for webdav in the XAMPP for English forum will provide much recent detail about this current security risk in pre 1.7.4 versions and how to change the user/pass.

Good luck.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby Jocce » 07. February 2011 01:54

So, there's no chance i can log in again without getting access to the computer?
why ain't it just possible to just log in with wampp2 after i've changed it o.O? and if there some information you don't want ppl to see, PM me the solution
Jocce

Postby Sharley » 07. February 2011 02:20

Remotely this is now not possible as you have prevented access by changing the webdav.htpasswd file - this can now only be changed back by the server admin who setup your WebDAV on XAMPP in the first place.

Can't you contact by phone or email someone with local access?

Or it maybe possible using shell access to the server but I know very little about this, but Google may have the answer.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows