Where is XAMPP Lite?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Where is XAMPP Lite?

Postby _Twinkie_ » 03. February 2011 03:08

I haven't been around in a while, but I noticed there was no longer a lite version in the download page and the full version that I downloaded did not relocate paths to be portable (as this is a flash drive installation). Has XAMPP dropped support for it? Where can I download it?

~Jacob
_Twinkie_

Re: Where is XAMPP Lite?

Postby JonB » 03. February 2011 04:06

You can download all versions of XAMMP from the SourceForge archives:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/files/

the XAMPP 1.7.3 files are here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/f ... ows/1.7.3/

XAMPP lite is stripped down, no Perl

Standard XAMMP 1.7.3 can also be installed as portable, its a choice in the Setup. (no drive letters == can't run Apache, MySql as services)

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby _Twinkie_ » 03. February 2011 04:33

I downloaded the latest version and I didn't see it as a choice in the setup. I downloaded the .7z version (or other non-zip archive), and after download, I ran xampp-setup.bat. It just did something related to setting up for NT and didn't give me any configuration options.

I like the stripped down version, it is small and has everything I need. Does that mean XAMPP Lite is no longer officially supported?

Thanks,

~Jacob
_Twinkie_

Postby JonB » 03. February 2011 15:37

You want XAMPP Lite for Windows.

You downloaded the 'latest version' that doesn't say ANYTHING about XAMPP Lite.

XAMMP Lite is not listed on the 1.7.4 Apache Friends page. Now, that could be a clue that they did not build it that way this time.

For now, AFIAK, if you want XAMPP lite - you will have to live with version 1.7.3

So, I gave you a link to find the file...

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Postby _Twinkie_ » 03. February 2011 19:03

Its okay. I am not demanding an answer out of you, I am asking for an answer from someone who can answer it. Apparently you don't know anything about XAMPPs production, so I am hoping someone more in-the-loop can tell me whether XAMPP Lite will be released soon or whether is is not supported.

Maybe you can help me configure XAMPP to be a portable installation. I didn't find the option in the setup.
_Twinkie_

Postby JonB » 04. February 2011 01:42

Yeah - NOW THERE'S AN IDEA - you insult me for being discrete, and I should help you, right?

two words - and i can bet you know what they are.

:mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Postby _Twinkie_ » 04. February 2011 01:57

That is not an insult, it is an elaboration? If you don't know whether XAMPP Lite has been discontinued, it is not an insult to mention that you don't know it. It is easy to assume then that you are not a programmer for XAMPP, and wouldn't know information that hasn't been posted on the download page (production information). I am not sure what 'GFY' is (PM)?

Anyway, I am a bit tired of consoling / calming you down. If you don't know the answers, hopefully someone who does will respond.
_Twinkie_

Postby JonB » 04. February 2011 02:22

Apparently you don't know anything about XAMPPs production, so I am hoping someone more in-the-loop can tell me whether XAMPP Lite will be released soon or whether is is not supported.

Please let me know when you locate someone in the know/loop - so I can 'alert the media' to paraphrase Sir John Gielgud in 'Arthur'. :mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Postby Sharley » 04. February 2011 02:42

The XAMPP for Windows developer is kvo

I don't expect that you will receive a response but at least now you know how you may get an answer to your question as kvo is not noted for either reading this English forum or responding to forum members.

BTW, contact details are available on the Apache Friends web site and by clicking on the Global Moderators link at the bottom of the forum index page.

Now, please, everyone calm down and do try and keep some decorum in these forums - see my signature link.

Forum helpers are volunteers who give their valuable time for free as there are no official forum support staff that can be relied on to provide you with answers in these forums.

Best wishes to all.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby _Twinkie_ » 04. February 2011 02:47

BTW - CONSOLE THIS....

see ya...

*sigh*

Lets go over this again.

Apparently you don't know anything about XAMPPs production...

You don't know information about how XAMPP will be released, so this is a question for someone who is developing the project. That is a statement of fact, and therefor not insulting.

...so I am hoping someone more in-the-loop...

'in-the-loop' = someone who is more knowledgeable about a group's plans (ie: someone associated in the group). Another correct label, as you are apparently not a developer for XAMPP or have not been told its production information.

...can tell me whether XAMPP Lite will be released soon or whether is is not supported.

This is what I would like to happen. Someone more knowledgeable about XAMPP than you should be able to answer this.

I hope now you understand how the syntax of English dictates you interpret that sentence, as is is not insulting or intended to be an insult. If you would like more help with English syntax, I can give some assistance.

Back to the point: Does anyone know if XAMPP Lite has been discontinued?
_Twinkie_

Postby _Twinkie_ » 04. February 2011 02:59

Thank you Sharley for the assistance, I hope he does see this and knows there is still interest in XAMPP Lite, although not the best web server (as it is stripped down). It suits certain purposes though.

I am calm =) I honestly didn't know he was having a problem until I looked up GFY in urban dictionary!
_Twinkie_

Postby gra » 28. February 2011 16:47

_Twinkie_, you did ask where one could download it, and JonB was simply answering part of your question. In fact it hadn't seemed you were concerned about anything else than the actual program (and not the development) before you snapped.

In any case he answered mine: I've been looking for the lite version as well. So thanks.
gra

Return to XAMPP for Windows