New Mac - now can't access XAMPP MySQL

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

New Mac - now can't access XAMPP MySQL

Postby Queenielass » 15. December 2010 21:33

Can anyone help with this?
I just upgraded to a newer Mac Pro and used the Migration tool to copy over my existing files and software, but now cannot gain access to MySQL and hence can't access my sites hosted by XAMPP on my laptop. The error I receive is (XAMPPErrorDomain error 1.)
I didn't use a password to access my old laptop and do with my new one, but even removing that doesn't help.
What do I do now?? Any ideas?
Queenielass

Re: New Mac - now can't access XAMPP MySQL

Postby mardulia » 27. January 2011 17:06

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've got the same problem- not for the same reason. I've been fooling around with permissions because I've not been able to install extnsions in Joomla- and other issues which seem to have all to do with permissions. I tried setting some very open ended permissions on the XAMPP folder itself and now I cn't get into mysql at all. Just won't start.
mardulia

Postby ducketts » 31. January 2011 06:14

I am also having this problem. This also just occurred without any doing or notice (that I can recall). I did not move any data, folders, or url items. I have been working locally on a website that did not launch yet. I installed some Modules / Plugins for Joomla and now XAmpp MySQL will not load. But I was also having to allow for permissions to be set to install the modules / plugins. I get the following error XAMPPErrorDomain 1

I am running OSX 10.4.11 - XAmpp v 1.7.3

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions!
ducketts

Postby ducketts » 31. January 2011 06:20

ducketts wrote:I am also having this problem. This also just occurred without any doing or notice (that I can recall). I did not move any data, folders, or url items. I have been working locally on a website that did not launch yet. I installed some Modules / Plugins for Joomla and now XAmpp MySQL will not load. But I was also having to allow for permissions to be set to install the modules / plugins. I get the following error XAMPPErrorDomain 1

I am running OSX 10.4.11 - XAmpp v 1.7.3

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions!

Disregard this post. I reset my permissions on the entire XAMPP folder (to allow all users to modify the contents) - which also features my website in the HTDOCS folder - and MYSQL was activated.

I hope this can help for anyone else.

Thanks!
ducketts

Return to XAMPP for macOS