Fresh XAMPP Install: Problems connecting to remote MySQL

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Fresh XAMPP Install: Problems connecting to remote MySQL

Postby gwagner » 26. January 2011 18:44

After a fresh install of XAMPP, i can not connect to any external MySQL resource (i have verified physical and network connectivity to the server). I have tried to do an upgrade of XAMPP from 1.7.x to 1.7.4 on Windows 7 and I have done a fresh install of 1.7.4 on a freshly installed copy of Windows 7. The error i am getting is as Follows:

Code: Select all
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:554) in [Removed] on line 2

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected in [Removed]p on line 2

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in [Removed] on line 2

From the code:

Code: Select all
<?php
$conn = mysql_connect($remoteAddr, $remoteUser, $remotePass);
var_dump($conn);

When downgrading to XAMPP 1.7.3 and run the same PHP script, mysql_connect returns a bool(true) value instead of a resource link.
gwagner

Return to XAMPP for Windows