I Installed Xampp on D Drive. Will this cause problems?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

I Installed Xampp on D Drive. Will this cause problems?

Postby eddyjmc » 20. January 2011 18:05

Hi, i recently installed Xampp on my D drive to save space on my C will this cause problems in the future? It seems to be working fine although i haven't done much to it yet. Any Advice please. Also does anyone know any good sites that will help me to work out how to create a web driven web site i am struggling to grasp what i actually where to start and what i actually have to do in my head!! Thank you ed
eddyjmc

Re: I Installed Xampp on D Drive. Will this cause problems?

Postby JonB » 20. January 2011 18:25

A. - The only time it would matter what drive you installed XAMPP on is if it is a removable drive. So if D:\ is a 'regular' hard drive partition, you should be just fine.

B. - I think you might have meant a dynamic or dtabase driven web site, LOL.

C. - Christopher Heng's "The Site Wizard" is a good place to look:
http://www.thesitewizard.com/

And - OF COURSE - you should read my XAMPP troubleshooting FAQ's, and guides on making XAMPP secure, backups and other good stuff. :mrgreen:

http://bravo.newnetenterprises.com/wordpress/

Good Luck
8) <== kool geek
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: I Installed Xampp on D Drive. Will this cause problems?

Postby eddyjmc » 25. January 2011 13:04

Thanksman working on it did mean databse driven web site ... what a palava .. is it quite simple really? Can't find a good front end to build in ... have been using access and find that quite intuitive ... whats the best way of software to build the interface with -- suppose there are hundreds!
eddyjmc

Return to XAMPP for Windows