Overall Hardware Requirements for XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Overall Hardware Requirements for XAMPP

Postby trejder » 12. January 2011 15:19

What are or where can I find hardware requirements for running XAMPP and XAMPP Lite under Windows and Linux?

I believe it will be a combination of minimum requirements for Apache and RDBMS but even searching for Apache requirements itself is a real pain, as most sources (all I found) are citing requirements for compiling Apache from source not simply running it. Therefore I started this topic to ask, if maybe someone did such research before and can help me answering simple question what is minimum hardware requirements a computer must have to successfully run XAMPP on it?
trejder

Re: Overall Hardware Requirements for XAMPP

Postby Nobbie » 12. January 2011 15:29

There is no mininum requirement, If Windows runs (or Linux) Xampp will run as well. If you decide to use Linux, you may use old hardware (like Pentium 2 or older), 128MB RAM will be sufficient and a 20GB HD will be big enough.
Nobbie

Re: Overall Hardware Requirements for XAMPP

Postby trejder » 12. January 2011 20:26

Thanks,

For Windows I wrote: 1 GHz processor (1,6 - 2,0 if Oracle, which I'm using in this particular project is hosted on the same machine as XAMPP and web application) and 512 MB of RAM (1 GB if along with Oracle). In other words I summarized problem writing that under Windows, if computer is capable of running Oracle server, it will be for sure capable of running XAMPP and web app.

Thanks again and Cheers,
Trejder
trejder

Return to XAMPP for Windows