Uninstall Mercury

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Uninstall Mercury

Postby crashwave » 05. January 2011 00:27

Mercury is the most useless, buggy, retarded and difficult to learn program I have ever used :evil: . switching to hMailServer lets see how that works. I need to send mail (using phplist or the likes) from my computer as my host only allows 90/hr I have over 100,000 in my list now... do you know what FOREVER means.
How do I get rid of Mercury as it is still showing as port 25? I don't want to just clear the port I want to get rid of it and off the CP and off my computer.
crashwave

Re: Uninstall Mercury

Postby Sharley » 05. January 2011 01:31

You can't do anything about the CP as it is hard coded and currently closed source.

You can just delete the mercury folder though.

See this post:
viewtopic.php?p=171155#p171155

Good luck :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Configure hmailserver and Re: Uninstall Mercury

Postby crashwave » 05. January 2011 18:58

Was wondering if someone could help me out with this.
I renamed anything and everything to do with mercury (files and folders named mercury*)
but it is still showing in the ports. is that right (see image) how do I get it off completely?
I installed hmailserver and squirrel and nothing is showing when I go to the mail/ site as instructed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K99lmchhy2g
any help appreciated. Really need to get these emails out.
http://ibellamora.com/drup/xamp-ports.png
crashwave

Re: Uninstall Mercury

Postby Sharley » 05. January 2011 23:08

xampp-portcheck.exe is a self running archive file and so can be opened in 7-Zip, WinRAR etc.

It contains several files one of which is a Visual Basic Script called checkports.vbs that when viewed in 7-Zip, WinRAR etc. will reveal the Mercury entries you see in the captured shell window you posted above.

It is possible to edit the vbs file but only after extracting the files.
Change all the Mercury entries to hMail or what ever you like then save the file and drag it back into the open archive.

Just edited the vbs and tested it myself and it seems to work fine with Mercury replaced by hMail in the shell window.

Good luck and best wishes. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows