Home Web Server

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Home Web Server

Postby valuetube » 12. December 2010 23:01

I know you've probably been asked many of times before but I'm unable to find a complete guide to setting up Xampp and the router so that I view and edit my site on another PC on my LAN.
I have the server set up with Xampp on it, I want to be able to connect the server with the browser to view it and FTP so I can transfer the files and stuff. I've had it set up and working once before but now it just won't work at all.

The server is running XP 32bit with 2Gb and a P4
valuetube

Re: Home Web Server

Postby Nobbie » 12. December 2010 23:30

valuetube wrote:I know you've probably been asked many of times before but I'm unable to find a complete guide to setting up Xampp and the router so that I view and edit my site on another PC on my LAN.

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/sear ... +webserver
Nobbie

Postby valuetube » 13. December 2010 01:48

None of them tell me how to set it up on the router side
valuetube

Postby JonB » 13. December 2010 09:53

JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby Nobbie » 13. December 2010 17:35

valuetube wrote:None of them tell me how to set it up on the router side

That is simply a lie. All of them tell you how to set it on the router side, obivously you are too lazy to read the articles. I really dont like people that do not read anything.

Lets pick up the first hit from Google: http://www.dslwebserver.com/

You *should* read the whole article, but we take the short way: on the side, there is menu, "Introduction, "Requirement", "Website" .... "Router" (!!!!!!!!!!!!) ,,, and so on. Simply click on "Router", and read the whole stuff.

This is my last post on this topic. It is all said and done and all anwered thousand times. It is on YOU to read it.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows