Image files not loading

Allgemeines Forum zum Thema Apache Friends. Bei Problemen mit XAMPP bitte entweder das Linux- oder das Windows-Forum benutzen. Hier geht's wirklich nur ganz allgemein um Apache Friends.

Image files not loading

Postby Photo Rick » 05. December 2010 03:08

I’m literally at wits end with this. I’ve downloaded and installed latest XAMPP 1.7.3 for Windows on my new Windows 7 machine and it appears for all intensive purposes to function okay except for one particular problem related to loading images which are in a subfolder. I get the following if I try to view the images in the Firefox browser after the pages load:

Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
12/4/2010 6:27:34 PM
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

I’ve had XAMPP on a previous machine operating with Windows XP and it worked like a charm.

Like I’ve said I’ve tried everything to no avail including turning off my firewall, and setting folder permissions to read/write for “everyone”

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I’m dead in the water right now
Photo Rick

Re: Image files not loading

Postby WilliL » 05. December 2010 09:49

I think vou're in the wrong part of the forum.
Scroll down there is XAMPP in english ..

Try switching UAC turning off or execute XAMPP as administrator.
Willi
WilliL

Operating System: Win7Home Prem 64 SP1

Postby Photo Rick » 05. December 2010 18:23

Thanks - new to this and must have clicked on wrong area.

WOulod you be so kind as to clarify what you had suggested - i.e. what is UAC and how specifically do i execute XAMPP as administrator?
Photo Rick

Postby Photo Rick » 05. December 2010 20:01

Dear Wole,

Just a simple photographer trying to update his website. Obviously not as smart or conversant in computereez as you, but then I thought that this was a support/help forum and not a doctoral curriculum.

p.s. - I discovered how to solve the problem all on my own and none of the forums/help site had any inkling as to what it could be
Photo Rick

Return to Apache Friends