Please help error 404

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Please help error 404

Postby Matt G » 06. November 2010 00:51

hey everyone, I just purchased my macbook 2 days ago and I have downloaded the most recent version of the xampp bundle and the most recent "all in one" eclipse for PHP developers (eclipse-php-helios-SR1-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar.gz )..after loading them both "correctly" and setting the eclipse workspace to (/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp), i created a PHP project and file.. I performed a basic test script "hello world" but when I checked the output on the browser http://localhost/simple_blog/test.php ...i receive this error

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

localhost
Fri Nov 5 16:43:51 2010
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l PHP/5.3.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

my xampp status indicates that everything is properly activated and working..
what am i doing wrong please help!
Matt G

Re: Please help error 404

Postby MegaChriz » 07. November 2010 20:18

localhost starts in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs by default, not /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp

You can do three things:
1. Set the workspace to Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/
2. Navigate to http://localhost/xampp/simple_blog/test.php
3. Create a folder in htdocs and set the workspace to that. You may need give your password or change the permissions of the htdocs folder. (For more information about changing permissions, see viewtopic.php?f=29&t=39955#p158532)
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby Matt G » 09. November 2010 01:28

Thanks for responding; I understand that localhost starts in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs by default however when I tried to use this location as my workspace I get this notification: "Workspace Unavailable: workspace is in use or cannot be created, choose a different one." For this reason I went one step deeper into the htdocs and selected the workspace /Application/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp.. since i am unable to select the defualt workspace, i will try the third option and create a new folder within the htdocs..
Ill be in touch soon after and thanks for the support!!
Matt G

Postby Matt G » 09. November 2010 11:43

MegaChriz,
Thank you soo much for your support, I greatly appreciate it.. Im finally up and running!! thanks again!!
Matt G

Postby MegaChriz » 09. November 2010 16:55

You're welcome! :)
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Return to XAMPP for macOS