Mercury Admin panel not working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercury Admin panel not working

Postby Toddro » 13. October 2010 07:20

A newbie to Joomla and all. I am using XAMPP as a local host. I have have installed a forms app for Joomla. The app will send a submitted form by email to a specified address. For testing, I apparently need to configure Mercury as a mail server. When I launch the XAMPP contol panel, Mercury is running. When I click on the admin button for Mercury, nothing happens. Is it broken? Do I need to reinstall? Can I reinstall Mercury without messing everything up? Any other answers you have????

The admin buttons for Apache, Mysql, and Filezilla all work fine.

I have spent over an hour searching the forum for an answer. Thank you very much for considering a response. :D

Todd
Toddro

Re: Mercury Admin panel not working

Postby JonB » 13. October 2010 12:09

In the XAMPP Control Panel - are you getting a Green 'running' on Mercury?

If you click Admin, it starts Mercury AS AN EXECUTABLE, as soon as you close the Mercury 'box' it dies - its an 'instance' liek Word for instance.

If you want Mercury to be persistent - you must make it a service (its a server)

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: Mercury Admin panel not working

Postby Toddro » 14. October 2010 05:44

Yes, the green "running" is on. The "svc" check box is checked too.

I am not sure if I was clear with my problem. When I click the "admin" button for Mercury, NOTHING happens. It is as if it is a dead button. A YOUtube tutorial I watched about configuring Mercury, shows a whole new window opening when you click the "admin" button. For me, nothing happens. All of the other "admin" buttons DO work.

I am also not sure what you mean by your last line..." its an 'instance' liek Word for instance. If you want Mercury to be persistent - you must make it a service (its a server)" What is an "instance" and how do I make it a "service"?

Thanks for any clarification you can give. I truly appreciate your time.

Todd
Toddro

Return to XAMPP for Windows