Can't get xampp to work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't get xampp to work

Postby stigah » 08. October 2010 18:27

Hi. I have installed xampp, and I am currently running Apache, MySql, FileZilla and Mercury. I have forwarded port 80, both in and out, and with the protocols Tcp and Udp.
But, I can't get it to work. I have an index file in the folder named htdocs.
In the index.html file, it's standing: <html><body><h1>It works!</h1></body></html>

The link to my webpage is http://81.27.39.184/

Can someone please help me with this issue? Thanks :)
Stig
stigah

Re: Can't get xampp to work

Postby stigah » 08. October 2010 19:28

Some others who can help me, and do not write idiotic comments?

It's just like math. We can learn math, but sometimes we are stuck. And then I think it's okay to ask for help :wink:
stigah

Postby JonB » 09. October 2010 13:12

Well

Since I went to that address and found an IIS 7 welcome screen, I suspect you need to turn off IIS. You can simply make its start type 'manual' in the Service Management

:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby stigah » 09. October 2010 13:45

xampp was so stressful, so I just uninstalled it. Now I'm using IIS, to that's the reason why you saw the IIS 7 welcome screen, hehe :P
So I don't need help anymore :)
stigah

Postby JazzKeyboardist » 11. October 2010 07:55

I am new to Apache Friends and to XAMPP as well so please forgive me for what is going to be an obvious rant on my part. This message is for user Wole. The manner in which you approached your response to this question is nothing short of ignorant, immature and uneducated. You show the symptoms of a person who is grossly insecure and has to attempt to make other people feel bad so that you can feel better about yourself. Who exactly do you think you are to treat people this way, and further to misuse the privilege of participating in a forum like this for your own sick satisfaction or pleasure. If this gentleman knew everything there is to know about this combination of products, he probably wouldn't have needed to sign up and create a post in the first place. I'd be willing to bet that there are many, many technologies and disciplines that you know little about and if you decided to learn one of them, would need to obtain some assistance at some point. It's precisely because there are so many web technologies and products out there that forums like this are created for them. To create a community of people THAT CAN HELP EACH OTHER. I seriously doubt that anyone on this or any other forum will ever obtain much of anything close to actual help from you and if I were the sysop you would have been removed and banned from the forum immediately upon my reading that. Grow up little man.

Ok. I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry to the remainder of the forum.

JazzKeyboardist
JazzKeyboardist

Postby JonB » 11. October 2010 18:33

Well Jazzy

I'm not sure who that was aimed at... BUT

If you "know a lot" about technologies and really mean what you say...
What you should do is simple - STFU and start answering questions.

That's much more effective that running a rant.

Its easy - Pick a question, any question that interests you or you already know the answer to - and answer it. You know "think globally, act locally" and all that.

That's what I do.

:shock:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows