(Please help) Locked out of XAMPP/phpmyadmin/* : 404 error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

(Please help) Locked out of XAMPP/phpmyadmin/* : 404 error

Postby rakirk » 28. September 2010 15:38

Please help, I receive the following error (from any host, including local) upon attempting to access virtually any subdirectory within phpmyadmin/*

Code: Select all
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

"host"
09/28/10 09:30:44
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9

This error occurs within the privileges tab, and whenever I attempt to fetch query results. These subdirectories attempt to load as a frame within phpmyadmin and then I receive object not found errors. These started abruptly one day and I can not determine why/what to configure to solve this problem. Please help!

I hope that it is an apache conf and that the database has not been compromised via some sort of intrusion. I am pretty sure this is an apache conf error of some sort; I have check mysql through other workbench tools.
rakirk

Re: (Please help) Locked out of XAMPP/phpmyadmin/* : 404 error

Postby JonB » 28. September 2010 19:35

Hi -

Have you verified that the folders and their contents are intact and valid? how about a chkdsk?

I think I'm right on this next little bit - provided you save your config.inc.php - I'm pretty sure you could just "re-install" phpMyAdmin by replacing the current xampp\phpmyadmin folders with ones from the same XAMPP distribution.

I'm working on the assumption this is a local server you have physocal access to.

just my thoughts

Good Luck
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby rakirk » 28. September 2010 22:55

Jon- thanks for the quick response.

Since first posting, I've been fiddling with my config.inc.php file to ensure I didn't change any of the setting adversely, but I more or less determined it must be something else within phpmyadmin.

Questions:
If i just do some surgery and remove phpmyadmin and replace it with a fresh one should it theoretically function as initial install?
Does config.inc.php need to be re-configured upon doing such a procedure? (Hence why you recommended saving the old config)

At this point I'd rather just wipe it and re-install with fresh config. if possible.
rakirk

Postby JonB » 29. September 2010 18:40

First answer - basically - yes - its a replacement

Second answer - normally there is really only two things to be 'fixed' in config.inc.php - the root user password, and the authentication type. So just saving the confg.inc.php, say to the desktop or My Documents should be all that is needed.

The reason you are able to do this surgery is that XAMPP is registry-agnostic, there aren't really any installation values - just the files/programs and teh configuration files - so the Windows registry plays no part in your fix-up really.

Did you actaully check the files? This could easily be a disk error where the folder or files are trashed from an NTFS point ov view. I say this because (other than messing about in config.inc.php) I don't know how to break phpMyAdmin.

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows