Localhost Password - Unable to enter.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Localhost Password - Unable to enter.

Postby Elvarion » 15. August 2010 12:45

Hi,
Ive been working with Xampp before on this computer (a year ago or so) and then i quit. Now today i went to pick it up again but found that im not able to enter the Xampp page. When i try to enter the localhost page i get a password screen. I enter what i used for password before and the same username, but that doesnt work. Tried using all different passwords in combinations with usernames im using on the internet. Nothing works. Then i tried to reinstall Xampp. Still getting the password screen when trying to enter localhost. The screen looks like this
"Verification needed, Server 127.0.0.1:80 needs a username and password" (translated from swedish) But in general that is what im getting when trying to enter. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Elvarion

Re: Localhost Password - Unable to enter.

Postby JonB » 15. August 2010 13:59

do you have a .htaccess file in the root of htdocs? If so, open it up and see what the directives are. That info should point to the .htpasswd file used. You could 'also' just delete or rename it.

:shock:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: Localhost Password - Unable to enter.

Postby Elvarion » 16. August 2010 16:04

Fixed the problem today, But thanks for the help anyway =)

I had disabled a part of Apache in the "msconfig" (program that configures autostart program and such)
So i enabled it again and that made it work after i rebooted my computer.
Elvarion

Return to XAMPP for Windows