fatal error PEAR, need help.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

fatal error PEAR, need help.

Postby Heeter » 16. August 2010 02:22

Hi all,

I am getting this error when I am trying to setup my webpage. It is an online, php-based custom created database.

Code: Select all
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/records/index.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in Unknown on line 0

judging from what research I am doing here, it is an xampp problem, but cannot locate a solution.

any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I am using xampp1.7.3, WindowsServer2008.

I currently do have other webpages working, and a webmail gui connected to mysql working properly too.

Thanks

Heeter
Heeter

Re: fatal error PEAR, need help.

Postby JonB » 16. August 2010 04:28

it looks as if you have a PATH environment problem.

I'll also guess this application was written with a standard Apache & PHP installation as a 'presumption'.

I can hazard a guess at its root - XAMPP is registry and path agnostic. That include statement would appear to be working on the assumption of an append to path having occurred.
'.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR'

see that ".;" my guess is that was meant to be an append to path that never happened. I.E. the PATH variable is currently null - so it fails as '.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR' is not a valid Windows path.

sooo - my guess is that the environment was never actually captured. Knowing nothing of the actual code or its intent, its hard to say what to fix quickly. You might just excise the ".;" leaving an absolute path and ignoring the balance of the PATH environment. The only potential problem is there is a working presumption that 'C:\xampp\php' is actually in the PATH if an external call is made.

My best guess

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows