Window Server 2003 and PHP Speed Issue

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Window Server 2003 and PHP Speed Issue

Postby darjana » 13. August 2010 14:40

Hello,

I have a question, i have been searching for some quite time now.

I have a window 2003, 100mbit up/down dedicated server.

I have tried xampp, IIS, abyss web server

When i use direct link from this webservers, i can get 1MB/s (limited by my ISP) per sec over internet. What i meant by direct link is, the link cames from directory listing without any influence from PHP.

However, i tried few php download script such as ZINA, phpIndexer, php download functions. The download speed coming from PHP(installed on same server) is roughly 30-40KB/s where as on direct link from webserver is 1MB/s.

Is there any configuration in PHP/Window 2003 Registry that need to be change so that the download speed via PHP is increased?

I have tried few suggestion from various website incl. EnableSendFile off, sendbuffersize any others without any luck so far

Thank you.
darjana

Re: Window Server 2003 and PHP Speed Issue

Postby JonB » 13. August 2010 16:14

I can speak to the XAMPP side of this issue for sure -

XAMMP is resgistry-agnostic -- meaning it makes no registry entries for any of its components, other than the XAMPP installer -- whihc is the piece that handles placing the file locations, batch files, inital settings and the XAMPP control panel. everything that actually runs XAMPP are batch files and command line interface calls. This means all the XAMPP settings are in the inf, ini and conf files of the various components.

Where is this "I have a window 2003, 100mbit up/down dedicated server." located. :?:

On Windows server there are NIC limitations/settings on the TCP/IP stack, but that is probably not your issue.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby darjana » 13. August 2010 18:08

on FDCServers but i dont think location is a issue that influenced the php speed. until today nobody can give a accurate answer in most forums and start pointing datacenter, perimeter router,location and others. i can see utorrent doing 80mbps download speed and upload up to 30mbps but the php on xampp or downloaded from php.net is giving constant 30-40kb. :?:
darjana

Postby JonB » 13. August 2010 19:32

My WAG (wild-a**-guess) is that you are dealing with a buffering issue. (just based on previous adventures with apparently slow connections)

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby darjana » 14. August 2010 05:57

JonB wrote:I can speak to the XAMPP side of this issue for sure -

XAMMP is resgistry-agnostic -- meaning it makes no registry entries for any of its components, other than the XAMPP installer -- whihc is the piece that handles placing the file locations, batch files, inital settings and the XAMPP control panel. everything that actually runs XAMPP are batch files and command line interface calls. This means all the XAMPP settings are in the inf, ini and conf files of the various components.

Where is this "I have a window 2003, 100mbit up/down dedicated server." located. :?:

On Windows server there are NIC limitations/settings on the TCP/IP stack, but that is probably not your issue.

Good Luck
8)

is there any settings in php then?
darjana

Return to XAMPP for Windows