Installed, I can see welcome screen but nothing else.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Installed, I can see welcome screen but nothing else.

Postby jdhill » 10. August 2010 17:47

I have installed XAMPP on my computer with Vista OS. I disabled skypes use of port 80. When I use local host I see the xampp welcome page and all info including phpmydmin. Apache is running. Yet any files I place in the htdocs folder http://127.0.0.1/test.txt show object not found. Is there anything else that I am missing? A port check shows that port 80 is used by apache 2.2 same with 443 for https. Any help would be appreciated
jdhill

Re: Installed, I can see welcome screen but nothing else.

Postby JonB » 10. August 2010 18:50

Hi -

Read the message from Sharley in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32503

I hope this will be the fix you need (read the rest of thread as well) but od that fix first.

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby jdhill » 10. August 2010 20:33

Thank you for the assist. The funny thing is it wasnt any of that. I looked closer at the config and noticed that there were 2 separate folders with xampp, both had htdocs and the config file showed me it was using the interior one for the initial files. I moved everything to the interior and all is well.
jdhill

Postby JonB » 10. August 2010 21:12

well at least you found it, and I didn't have to beat my head on the desk :mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Postby jdhill » 10. August 2010 21:22

No but I did. I think I know what caused it. Might be an installation flaw. I read before I installed it to install in Vista on the c dir and told it to load into c:/xampp it seems that maybe the install shield got confused or changed directories during the install. Never saw that happen before but who know maybe your install is done by different components and it got confused.
jdhill

Postby JonB » 10. August 2010 22:10

Its confusing I guess, but the answer is to install it on c: :shock:

Wherever you tell it to install, it will create a folder called xampp in that location/folder.

Good Luck
:mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Postby oliviathn » 11. August 2010 06:51

A very good link of installing application of welcome screen. Earlier I just face this problem in my system, when I install windows and after I also try to install Linux. This link 's guide is helpful for me, I gain so good and nice informations.
oliviathn

Postby jonnyj99 » 18. August 2010 10:57

I installed XAMPP on Vista computer OS.When I installed Windows Vista Home Basic is a new laptop, I took Russian in a regional context mistakenly assumes that it can identify Vista.This is incredibly boring, because they can not see that m selected.I am just built my first computer and I installed all right and install Windows 7, but when I tried to sign is the welcome screen with the spinning icon.
jonnyj99

Return to XAMPP for Windows