Tomcat 7 authentication error only with IE8

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Tomcat 7 authentication error only with IE8

Postby elic » 10. August 2010 14:15

Hi all,

I have migrated a Tom Cat 6 server running on 2003 server to a 2008 server running Tom Cat 7.
Every thing is running great except for when I try to access a restricted folder(password protected) configured with (POST method).
When I try to access a restricted folder the login page is displayed like it should and when I enter the correct user name and password I'm forwarded to the requested page.

The issue is that once I do this with ie8 or ie7 I receive a
HTTP Status 408 - The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you requested or close and re-open your browser

and on the address bar the /j_security_check is displayed after the requested URL.

I should note that it's definitely not a timeout issue, the setting is default (30) I believe.
I copied the tomcat-users.xml and web.xml exactly as they where on the old machine, in addition when I try to access the same page with Firefox or Chrome or any other browser there is no problem at all

The only clue I was able to find was in the logs, saying
Line 86: INFO: WARNING: Security role name ***** used in an <auth-constraint> without being defined in a <security-role>

Any ideas guys?
Any help would be really appreciated as I have no clue what might be the cause of this .

Thanks & Regards
Eli.C
Last edited by elic on 10. August 2010 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
elic

Re: Authentication eror only with IE8 on Tom Cat 7

Postby BigWetDog » 10. August 2010 14:20

Eli.C,
Perhaps you posted on the wrong forum. This is for XAMPP on Windows. If somehow you managed to insert TC7 into an XAMPP installation, a.) it'd be nice to hear how you did it and b.) you're not likely to find much help hear since there aren't likely few xampp users experimenting with TC7 yet. I'd suggest subscribing the tomcat mailing list. It's very active and monitored by many TC devs.
BigWetDog

Re: Tomcat 7 authentication error only with IE8

Postby elic » 10. August 2010 14:25

Yeah, seems I did post on the wrong forum.
Thanks
elic

Postby oliviathn » 11. August 2010 06:40

There are so many errors shows when I was use Tomcat server. HTTP Status 408 error shows that- Deadline for registration has been exceeded. If you want to continue, you must double-click it and re-click on the link requested or close and reopen your browser. Share here errors code which is easy to describe errors information.
oliviathn

Postby jonnyj99 » 18. August 2010 10:55

I migrated a Tom Cat 6.0.14 server running on Windows 2003 Server to a server running Windows 2008 Tom Cat 7.0.0.When I try to access a page restricted repertoire of connection appears as it should, and when I between the username and password I sent the requested page. Tomcat is run as a standalone server, and is showing an error 408.
jonnyj99

Postby JonB » 18. August 2010 15:13

Are you running XAMMP in this mix?

:?:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows