phpmyadmin access error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpmyadmin access error

Postby cja » 30. July 2010 17:35

Please be patient . . .VERY NEW! I downloaded xampp-got it working. Yesterday I changed/deleted something involving "root" and afterward got the message "error 1045: access denied for user root@localhost-using password yes. I spent hours reading, searching and trying to get into my phpmyadmin. I finally did a system restore, and did another download from a "mirror". It worked, I was in once again. I was extremely carefull to follow my books instructions and was instructed to password protect my "root". I followed each step . .then was given the dreaded message "Cannot start session without errors please check errors given in your php and webserver log file and configure your php installation properly". The book said it had to do with php configuration details. It went on to say that I needed to find value of session.save_path and either create a folder or make sure it is writable. I have NO idea what that means or where to turn to get this thing working at this point. I'm using Windows 7 and the 1.7.3 xampp(?) Is there any kind person out there that can walk me through this to get it working?
cja

Re: phpmyadmin access error

Postby JonB » 30. July 2010 21:52

Look at this post, you prolly need a fix in config.inc.php

http://rudyegenias.wordpress.com/2006/0 ... -database/

Good Luck
:mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: phpmyadmin access error

Postby cja » 30. July 2010 23:40

Thanks I'll give it a try, just not sure if I can figure out what and where things go.
cja

Return to XAMPP for Windows