shifting the htdocs folder!!

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

shifting the htdocs folder!!

Postby jason.rgd » 13. July 2010 07:17

I want to use another folder instead of htdocs for executing my php code!! How do I do that!!!
jason.rgd

Re: shifting the htdocs folder!!

Postby jason.rgd » 13. July 2010 07:53

I figured out how to do it by editing the httpd.conf!! But now while I install drupal I get the following error...

* Warning: PDO::__construct(): [2002] Invalid argument (trying to connect via unix://) in DatabaseConnection->__construct() (line 286 of /home/jason/public/Drupal/includes/database/database.inc).

In order for Drupal to work, and to continue with the installation process, you must resolve all issues reported below. For more help with configuring your database server, see the installation handbook. If you are unsure what any of this means you should probably contact your hosting provider.

Failed to connect to your MySQL database server. MySQL reports the following message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Invalid argument.
o Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
o Are you sure that you have typed the correct database hostname?
o Are you sure that the database server is running?
For more help, see the installation handbook. If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your hosting provider.
its definitely something related to xampp because drupal doesn't this way on windows xampp!! its mostly because I have changed the root location!!
jason.rgd

Return to XAMPP for Linux