Error Message as I open phpmyadmin

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error Message as I open phpmyadmin

Postby sophieplaya » 19. May 2010 19:41

Hello to you all, and first of all thank you for this extraordinary product.

I have an error opening my phpmyadmin:
Error

SQL query: Edit

SHOW PLUGINS

MySQL said: Documentation
#1 - Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/1c/1cppF+6TF2W9un4V0IrB2U+++TM/-Tmp-/#sql223_46_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

I have had it before, and as I could not solve it I re-installed the wholw XAMPP, but then I have to re-install all of my Dasta bases, and it is long and tedious.
I already did it last week... and it happened again!!
I would be very grateful if someone knew the answer to my problem...
Thank you
sophieplaya

Re: Error Message as I open phpmyadmin

Postby lpirog » 26. June 2010 19:46

I am getting the same error message.

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/Fb/FbHDKEejGM05Uyp06MosIk+++TI/-Tmp-/#sql21c_14_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

I have set the permissions to read and write for everyone (including me) with file/ get info for all important folders. So I don't understand why there might be a permissions issue.

I suspect I could remedy the situation by starting over and reinstalling xampp but I am also (like the previous individual) concerned I will recreate the same problem.

Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

phpMyAdmin just is not working at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Lori
lpirog

Postby lpirog » 27. June 2010 22:22

After having a series of issues with using xampp on my Mac, I decided to try something else. I uninstalled xampp. Then I downloaded and installed MAMP. What a relief! I can't comment about a PC but on my Mac, MAMP is much more user friendly!

Lori
lpirog

Postby scranmer » 03. May 2011 13:05

hi found solution to this, you need to start MYSQL as root.

edit /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/xampp
find "$XAMPP_ROOT/bin/mysql.server start > /dev/null &"
change to "$XAMPP_ROOT/bin/mysql.server start --user=root > /dev/null &"

HTH
scranmer

Postby jaykai » 30. March 2012 19:23

I tried the solution above, and I'm still getting the same error. I recently moved our XAMPP install from our old computer to the new, and now we're having issues.
jaykai

Postby chinlips » 18. January 2013 13:27

I know this post is a bit out of date (Google brought me here!), but there is an easy fix for this, if you just follow the instructions here;

http://slopjong.de/2009/08/31/houston-i-cant-write-to-file/

Become root with sudo -i and fix the file permissions as follows;

Code: Select all
chmod 600 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/my.cnf
chinlips

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion / iMac

Postby bubbasavi » 01. March 2013 19:03

I have the same problem, I tried to explain this in other italian forums but I didn't have an answer. One week ago I tried my experiments with Joomla templates, I modified templateDetails.xml and I had a crash. Not only Joomla was unable to respond, but even phpMyAdmin fails showing an error window with this message:
Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/hy/_7b1fpjx3fv31psr2wtwv04h0000gn/T/#sql106_6_4.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
I tried to uninstall/reinstall xampp several times, but was the same story: installation OK, phpMyAdmin works; installation of Joomla 2.5 or 3.0 (both gave errors), OK; all OK? Not at all! Shutdown/Startup of xampp MySQL server and the blocking message error reappears. No way to eliminate it. Joomla 2.5 gave the same errors of the previous installation (?!!). And the new PHPMYADMIN remembers the names of the old databases. So it's not true a new installation erase completely the old one. So I think anything in ~/Library folder, I found a folder ApacheFriends, I erase the content, I restart with another installation... the same old story. Now I have a Mac XAMPP without problems, but only if I don't try to install Joomla. I'm astonished. Where Xampp saves the state of the previous instances?!? The old database names, the old Joomla errors, Errcode 13 blocks everything.
Anyone can help? I don't want to abandon my Mac with Dreaweaver and return to WinXAMPP/Notepad++.
bubbasavi

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion

Postby bubbasavi » 01. March 2013 22:32

Seems chmod 600 works. God bless the one who discovered that.
bubbasavi

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion

Postby ittoto » 05. May 2013 12:39

when i run phpmyadmin, i get this error, which seems to be similar to the one posted here:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/lt/5v6ktlw15ld1grpcvmk79_j80000gn/T/#sql44c_7_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

i tried everything posted in this thread but the problem persists.

the funny thing is that i can access my databases through navicat but not through phpmyadmin!

please help
ittoto

Operating System: MAC

Return to XAMPP for macOS