DB Export/Import

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Windows? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

DB Export/Import

Postby joerge80 » 10. June 2010 10:57

Hi,

I have two systems (one test and one productive). As I was about to set my computer up again I installed the latest version of XAMPP. Then I copied over the htdocs files and made a backup of the DB (mysql --> export in phpmyadmin) and imported it on my localhost. The thing I'm working on is a joomla project.

But there are a few differences now:

- The DB size is different
- When I try to login to the backend of joomla (same uiser/pw on both machines), the password seems to be wrong?!? However the values in the users table are both the same

The XAMPP version on the first machine is 1.6.5, the other one (where it's not working) is 1.7.3

Anyone got a clue?

Thx
NO Risk, NO Fun
joerge80

Re: DB Export/Import

Postby Nobbie » 10. June 2010 11:59

Which operating systems?

Are the Joomla Passwords crypted somehow or plain text?

Do you still have the old installation? If yes, simply try to copy the whole mysql data folder from one installation to the other (like you did with htdocs folder) instead of running export/import.
Nobbie

Postby joerge80 » 10. June 2010 12:01

both windows (winxp/win7)

passwords are (i guess) MD5, at least that is how it normally worked, when i have reset the pw directly in the database
NO Risk, NO Fun
joerge80

Postby H0MER » 14. June 2010 23:12

Maybe you forgot to add the database user, which is used by joomla to access the database, into the new database.
And maybe you have to grant that user the correct rights to for that database.

Greets
H0MER
H0MER

Return to XAMPP für Windows