[Solved]Using Xampp in an Intranet

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

[Solved]Using Xampp in an Intranet

Postby davidscavenir » 04. June 2010 14:56

I would like to use Xampp on an Intranet.
So I have to give access to the server for other computer. How is it possible to open this access ?
Of course this is not for a big use but to test little application for a dozen of customer.
I suppose that this is a common question but I have found the right post....
Best regards,
Last edited by davidscavenir on 18. August 2010 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
davidscavenir

Re: Using Xampp in an Intranet

Postby Nobbie » 04. June 2010 20:52

davidscavenir wrote:How is it possible to open this access ?

You got it all completely wrong; per default, all access is open. You need firewalls etc. to restrict access. If you dont use firewalls, no access is restricted, everything is open.
Nobbie

Postby davidscavenir » 10. August 2010 13:28

I agree with you : the page are open according to the security interface.
But it does not work when I try to connect from an another PC of my office by typing the IP of the PC where Xampp is installed (this is a Linux PC).
Where could be the problem (A few month ago, I have installed on a windows PC the programm Easyphp, and it works well...) ? Firewall on the Linux-PC ? Firewall on the other PC ? Problem with the routing on the intranet ?
Any ideas (sorry for the long dely in my reply)

David
davidscavenir

Postby oliviathn » 11. August 2010 06:47

I use Linux, it does not work when I try to connect from another PC in my home typing the IP address of the PC where is installed Xampp. May be their is a problem with your firewall that is installed in the PC Linux or other PC Firewall. Check the settings on routing Iintranet.
oliviathn

Postby davidscavenir » 12. August 2010 18:43

I am not sure to understand what I have to do with the firewall... Actually I think there are no firewall installed on my PC Linux server (the one with xampp)..
I am thinking about a modification : in the httpd.conf file, the nameserver is localhost. What happen if I put the IP adress of my computer instead of localhost. Is it stupid or is it dangerous ?
davidscavenir

[solved]Re: Using Xampp in an Intranet

Postby davidscavenir » 13. August 2010 17:42

Actually I have desactivated the firewall on the PC where xampp is installed and it works...
davidscavenir

Re: [Solved]Using Xampp in an Intranet

Postby jonnyj99 » 18. August 2010 10:59

Simplify the work home, addressing XAMPP, a complete Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl and battery that runs on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris. XAMPP is not designed for deployment on a production server. Its purpose is simply to ensure that everything works, so it is very fragile. I have read in several places that you can not use XAMPP in production as it has many security flaws.
jonnyj99

Re: [Solved]Using Xampp in an Intranet

Postby davidscavenir » 18. August 2010 11:26

I know but to test I need two or three computer connected... And after that, I will choose an another solution of course.

jonnyj99 wrote:Simplify the work home, addressing XAMPP, a complete Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl and battery that runs on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris. XAMPP is not designed for deployment on a production server. Its purpose is simply to ensure that everything works, so it is very fragile. I have read in several places that you can not use XAMPP in production as it has many security flaws.
davidscavenir

Return to XAMPP for Linux