BIG problems

Alles, was den Apache betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

BIG problems

Postby mArk » 11. December 2003 18:51

got it installed working perfect with php... next day most of its disspaperard - including all the php extensions ant dlls n stuff AND including a few bits of work in htdocs. reinstalled php and apache.

so what i do, i come back next day, turn pc on..its happend agen only i lost MOST more of my work , which took me ages...and lost most of the php install, and some things from apache.

why does apache keep deleting all my work ?

i even backed it up, and put it in another folder..but guess what...thers most of my work missing in there aswell.

looks like ill have to write to cd every time a shut down so i dont loose any, but still it means i have to install php and apache every day :evil:

can any one help??

running:
windows 2k
apache 1.3.8
php 4.3.4
mArk

Postby ollie » 12. December 2003 09:47

Hi mArk,

this is really strange. But i doubt XAMPP being responsible for that problem. Did you check your Autorun-Folder for any Programs which migth start up?
Maybe you could also check your registry for suspicious "run" keys (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ...), which might delete stuff on startup. Are you absolutely sure that your PC cannot be accessed from the outside world? To me, this looks like a trojan or virus infection....
ollie

Postby mArk » 12. December 2003 19:34

ive blocked apache from the outside world using sygate. AVG detects NO trojans and NO viruses.

nothing suspicios on startup either
mArk

Postby nemesis » 13. December 2003 20:53

mArk wrote:ive blocked apache from the outside world using sygate.

Hi mArk, i'm not sure, but i think the old one Apache has a security hole, why you don't use a newer build?
And why you are use a Firewall to close your opend Ports. Apache has a directive to Listen only on a specified IP, instead of 0.0.0.0 (all avaible Network connections)
Check your httpd.conf and look for something like
Code: Select all
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80

The
Code: Select all
ServerName 127.0.0.1
are only the response to http-requests.
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby ollie » 16. December 2003 09:14

Hi mArk,

i think nemesis is right. You should (if you're able to) download a newer version of xampp and see if this resolves your problem. Although i never ever have seen files or configs diappear with any apache, this might cure your problem.
Does Sygate provide some sorts of "file guarding" features? Or any other program protecting your files from being changed?
ollie

Return to Apache