Mercurymail stmp problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercurymail stmp problem

Postby Rattz » 08. April 2010 20:01

hi folks just wondering if anyone can help?

i've been trawling the net for the last 2 days for a answer for this...

i have setup apache for windows 7 but i can't get the test message in mercurymail to send, i have changed the .ini files and everything is working fine apart from this one point. all that happens is i get the message "Error! The message was not successfully sent!". below is a screen dump of my setup

http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/215o434uin3wjf1kwroe

thanks in advance for any help given

Rattz
Rattz

Re: Mercurymail stmp problem

Postby vanesns » 08. April 2010 20:40

Hi all!
I got the same issue that you! I notice that SMTP is deactivated, the SMTP and POP3 ports is free, and the Mercury is running on Xampp control.
I don't understood what I need to set on Mercury, and what I really need to change in php.ini and sendmail.ini files.
I supose that if I set the right configuration on Mercury, I don't need to change the files, but I'm not sure :roll: !!!
It's the 3rd day I try to send a log report on my web application, and I don't get success.
Thanks for any help someone can give!!
vanesns

Re: Mercurymail stmp problem

Postby Narrowboyy » 09. April 2010 01:14

@Rattz
The Mercury HTML server can be disabled as you are using Apache instead.

@Rattz and vanesns
Please do a forum search for sendmail or email or mercury to see if there are any helpful configuration posts (Nobbie did a detailed configuration post IIRC).

The folder \xampp\MercuryMail holds the help files and the error log files also there is a forum and web site for Mercury Mail mentioned in those help files.

@vanesns
Please do not cross post in multiple topics with the same issue as this is deemed to be poor forum etiquette.
Narrowboyy

Return to XAMPP for Windows