Need Help configuring script.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Need Help configuring script.

Postby Danwest » 27. March 2010 12:11

I'm running the latest version of XAMPP with Apache, MySQL etc.

I'm trying to add a script / database called Openauto.

From the phpMyAdmin I can see Openauto and the 13 tables. When I run the index.php file I get.

Fatal Error:

Unable to connect to the database at this time.

This would appear to be a password issue. The documentation for Openauto says.

* Login with default username and password and click "Edit Account" to set your email address. Next, change the default username and password. If you do not you run a risk of getting your site sacked.
* username == **admin**
* password == **password**

How do I log in to set this? When I run the "mysql.php" file that came with XAMPP it simply returns an "OK".

I know you guys aren't here to support running stuff outside of XAMPP. I'm trying to figure out how to login as suggested. I have tried deleting the .htaccess file in the Openauto directory and that didn't make a difference.

I noticed the mysql_config.pl in the C:\xampp\mysql\scripts directory but isn't that for connecting to MySQL, I don't believe it has anything to do with the configuration of users and passwords for Openauto.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Danwest

Re: Need Help configuring script.

Postby Nobbie » 27. March 2010 12:49

Danwest wrote:The documentation for Openauto says.

Only if you installed OpenAuto manually (which is a pain and a real bad idea). Why didn't you use installer script instead?
Nobbie

Re: Need Help configuring script.

Postby Danwest » 27. March 2010 13:11

Nobbie wrote:
Danwest wrote:The documentation for Openauto says.

Only if you installed OpenAuto manually (which is a pain and a real bad idea). Why didn't you use installer script instead?

I read the install.txt, it didn't say that "C:\xampp\htdocs\openauto\install\index.php" was an installation script so I missed that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Dan
Danwest

Return to XAMPP for Windows