Please help !!!! "Error 1! Couldn't start Apache!"

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Please help !!!! "Error 1! Couldn't start Apache!"

Postby abisanka » 22. March 2010 10:51

Hi,

I suddenly got this annoying ' Error 1! Couldn't start Apache! ' message while restarting the xampp. I have changed the document root and so I had to restart the xampp in order to make it work. First time it showed me something like, 'invalid document root, path must be a directory'. I realized my mistake and put the proper path, then again restarted to see the 'Error 1!Couldn't start Apache!' message. Before I restarted, I had removed the error_log, and now, I can't even see my log to view the actual error message. I know I have done stupid things here, but I BADLY need help to get this resolved. Please help me out. I have no clue.

:cry:
abisanka

Re: Please help !!!! "Error 1! Couldn't start Apache!"

Postby Nobbie » 22. March 2010 13:02

The error.log will be created immediately on startup of Apache. There should be a new one including the error messages.
Nobbie

Postby abisanka » 23. March 2010 06:02

Hi Nobbie,

Error.log was not getting created. Anyway, I explicitly started apache by /opt/lampp/bin/apachectl start and got the error message. Some of the modules was not loaded because the ServerRoot of the httpd.conf was not the actual one. I changed and it worked !

Thanks for your time anyways.
abisanka

Postby lightraz » 27. April 2010 15:17

Hello ppl

look, I manage to get it working by changing the following parameter in the htppd.conf file which is in the /opt/lampp/etc/ directory

where is written Listen 80 I changed to 50 so it became Listen 50 and that apache error was gone as soon as I restarted lampp....

I hope it may help you guys as well that is encounter the same issue

God bless y'all
lightraz

Return to XAMPP for Linux