PHPMyAdmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHPMyAdmin

Postby startd » 10. March 2010 20:44

I am having an issue importing a db in phpmyadmin. I have a website I want duplicated 12 times under different domains. so I set everything up. all of these sites will start off identical and then diverge so I want to copy the db to each of the sites. I export the db fine but when i go to import it back into a different spot it tells me object cannot be found on the right hand side. it is like a webpage is missing. It is only with import. can anyone help. PHPMYADMIN 3.1.1. HELP!
startd

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2

Re: PHPMyAdmin

Postby startd » 16. March 2010 13:01

help!
startd

Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2

Re: PHPMyAdmin

Postby kennethtran93 » 18. March 2010 06:08

Try upgrading to the latest version of phpMyAdmin (I believe it's now 3.3.0 or 3.3.1)
Once you do that, there's a little bug patch to fix (Import tab not showing--They will have the bug fixed with the code edit in the next release version. For now, fix it yourself.) (I am still using 3.3.0. I believe you also have to do this code edit for 3.3.1)

File to change:
(phpMyAdmin root folder)/libraries/server_links.inc.php

Find:
Code: Select all
$tabs['import']['icon'] = 's_sync.png';
$tabs['import']['link'] = 'server_synchronize.php';
$tabs['import']['text'] = $strSynchronize; 

Replace with:
Code: Select all
$tabs['synchronize']['icon'] = 's_sync.png';
$tabs['synchronize']['link'] = 'server_synchronize.php';
$tabs['synchronize']['text'] = $strSynchronize; 

Save and upload the changed file.
Once you do, then the import tab will be back.

If your import still doesn't work, try Exporting through different types of file types that PHPMyAdmin has, Then importing it in your new database.

Try this first. If it doesn't work, maybe i'll try and help you. (PM me if you still need help after)
--
Kenneth T.
kennethtran93

Return to XAMPP for Windows