Unable to Write to log

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Unable to Write to log

Postby haroldjclements » 07. March 2010 21:30

When I have used Tomcat before, I was able to see a “system.out.println” in the log file. However, with XAMPP I am unable do this, thus I am unable to debug any beans.

Does anyone know how I can turn this feature on / an alternative method?

Kind Regards,
Harold Clements
haroldjclements

Re: Unable to Write to log

Postby haroldjclements » 08. March 2010 15:08

I am not too sure why no one is answering my questions.

If the above is a stupid question or I am doing something to offend then please let me know. I have spent a day searching but to no avail and could really do with some pointers.

Debugging code is a very common, so I am sure that someone out there can help me. If I install Apache without using XAMPP the "system.out.println" traces to the log file. How can I achieve the same results using XAMPP?

Thanks in advance,
Harold Clements.
haroldjclements

Postby Nobbie » 08. March 2010 16:06

haroldjclements wrote:If the above is a stupid question or I am doing something to offend then please let me know.

It's at least a strange question, as Xampp does neither include Tomcat nor deliver it.

haroldjclements wrote:I have spent a day searching but to no avail and could really do with some pointers.

Very strange, again, because it took me one minute(!) in order to find out, that "system.out.println" is a pure Java method and as Xampp does not support Java (like Tomcat does) there simply is no "system.out.println".
Nobbie

Postby haroldjclements » 08. March 2010 17:44

Thank you very much for your relpy.

It's at least a strange question, as Xampp does neither include Tomcat nor deliver it.

I installed Tomcat using the addon "xampp-tomcat-addon-win32-6.0.20.exe", that is why I did not think it a strange question. Do these forums not support XAMPP addon's?

"system.out.println" is a pure Java method and as Xampp does not support Java (like Tomcat does)

I am still confused - the Tomcat addon that I installed above - is that not Tomcat???

Thanks again for your reply,

Kind Regards,
Harold Clements
haroldjclements

Postby Nobbie » 08. March 2010 18:41

haroldjclements wrote:Do these forums not support XAMPP addon's?

It depends. I can find here an Apache Forum, a MySQL Forum, a PHP Forum, and some more - but I cannot find a Tomcat Forum here.

Do you?

P.S.:
Code: Select all
I am still confused - the Tomcat addon that I installed above - is that not Tomcat???

Of coure, it is tomcat. But it is not Xampp. And this is the Xampp forum. I dont think that here is enough knowledge about the addons, especially tomcat.
Nobbie

Postby haroldjclements » 08. March 2010 19:19

Thank you again for your post.

It seems that I have made an error in posting to this forum.

It's just that you would have thought that as the apachefriends.org site have the Tomcat download (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#644) and points you towards this forum for help, that maybe it is where you would post for help.
That toppled with the fact that I now have a Tomcat start and stop service in my XAMPP control panel, I would have thought that, again, there might have been some correlation between Tomcat and XAMPP.

Obviously I am mistaken.

Sorry to have wasted your time.
Harold Clements

PS. I am not trying to be sarcastic, it just does not make sense to me. Thank you for your time.
haroldjclements

Postby Nobbie » 08. March 2010 21:00

haroldjclements wrote:it just does not make sense to me

Same for me.

I am just a simple user - exactly as you. So if you have any problems concerning this forum, dont hesitate to ask the mods and/or the admin. I am neither nor.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows