MYSQL Service not starting

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MYSQL Service not starting

Postby cmcdesign » 01. March 2010 22:20

Hi,

I have just installed XAMPP on a windows 2003 server running IIS and have changed the Apache port to 8080 to get Apache to run - which is working!!

However, when I attempt to run the MYSQL service it say:

Busy...
MySQL service started

But it does not appear to be running.

Do I need to change any settings for MYSQL to get it to work?

Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks
cmcdesign

Re: MYSQL Service not starting

Postby npassoc » 04. March 2010 02:11

I have the same problem. Trying to start the mySQL from the Services control panel gets "Error 1067 The process terminated unexpectely" very quickly. No message is posted in mysql.err.
npassoc

Postby cthackers » 04. March 2010 12:19

cmcdesign, what does "does not appear to be running" mean ? Have you tried connecting to it with a script or phpmyadmin and failed ?
try running a "netstat -a" and see if port 3306 is busy. Or try setting your MySql as Service (from XAMPP Control Panel) and restart the computer.
cthackers

Postby npassoc » 05. March 2010 15:35

In XAMPP control panel, I click on the mySQL "Svc" checkbox and let it install it as a service. If I go into the "Services" control panel I see it. If I click on the "Start" button, it does not start with the error indicated in my previous post, above. No message is logged in the "mysql.err" log.

I tried restarting the machine, normally not necessary and to no avail. If I deinstall it as a service and run it from the XAMPP control panel, presumably as a user task, it runs fine.

Note that the Apache server runs fine as a service. I'm running Windows Server 2003SP 2.
npassoc

Return to XAMPP for Windows