How to compile PHP for make portable like XAMPP?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to compile PHP for make portable like XAMPP?

Postby h2non » 03. February 2010 02:08

Hi everyone!

I need know how to compile PHP for make it extensible and portable, because I want install it with Apache and other packages on some computer with diferents *UNIX systems, and i need make like XAMPP (simply uncompress) withou any other package needes or library.

I tried compile PHP, concretly the next:
Code: Select all
./configure --prefix=/opt/soft --exec-prefix=/opt/soft --with-apxs2=/opt/soft/bin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/opt/soft/etc/php.ini -enable-inline-optimization --enable-shared=yes --disable-debug --enable-bcmath --enable-sqlite-utf8 --enable-calendar --with-sqlite=shared --with-pdo-sqlite --enable-ctype --enable-dbase --enable-discard-path --enable-exif --enable-filepro --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-ftp --enable-gd-imgstrttf --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --enable-magic-quotes --enable-memory-limit --enable-shmop --disable-sigchild --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-wddx --enable-yp --with-gdbm=/opt/soft --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/soft --with-png-dir=/opt/soft --with-freetype-dir=/opt/soft --without-xpm --with-zlib=yes --with-zlib-dir=/opt/soft --with-openssl=/opt/soft --with-expat-dir=/opt/soft --enable-xslt=/opt/soft --with-xsl=/opt/soft --with-dom=/opt/soft --with-ncurses=/opt/soft --with-gd --with-gettext=/opt/soft --with-mcrypt=/opt/soft --with-mhash=/opt/soft --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-curl=/opt/soft --enable-mbregex --enable-zend-multibyte --enable-exif --with-bz2=/opt/soft --with-libxml-dir=/opt/soft --enable-soap --enable-pcntl --with-mime-magic --with-pgsql=/opt/soft/share/pgsql --with-iconv --enable-dio --enable-intl --with-icu-dir=/opt/soft --enable-fileinfo --enable-phar --with-libpng-dir=/opt/soft

.. and works on my computer, but, if i try it in another, like a Opensuse 10.3, when i start apache with PHP support the bash show me the next error:
Code: Select all
webserver: Syntax error on line 119 of /opt/soft/etc/webserver.conf: Cannot load /opt/soft/modules/libphp5.so into server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /opt/soft/lib/libjpeg.so.8)

The line error corresponds at the php5_module, and if i commented it, the error disappears.
Anyway, how i can compile a indepent PHP?, what i'm doing wrong?

Please, i need help!! Thanks a lot!!!
h2non

Re: How to compile PHP for make portable like XAMPP?

Postby h2non » 03. February 2010 14:53

I'm reading some docs and maybe the parameter is --build=BUILD?

I'm think this option is for make a "configure for building on BUILD [guessed]"
is wrong?

thanks in advanced!
h2non

Re: How to compile PHP for make portable like XAMPP?

Postby h2non » 03. February 2010 20:27

Please!!! anybody can help me or send some tips????

thanks!!!
h2non

Return to XAMPP for Linux