access any database/scripts don't work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

access any database/scripts don't work

Postby benjithepenguin » 01. January 2010 16:38

I'm having somewhat of an issue with windows 7 64 bit. Basically I just upgraded to 7 and can install xampp with no problems. The apache and mysql services run straight away mainly because I already turned my UAC off. However when I try and access any database/scripts I've made in the past it won't run them. I've checked my connection strings and I've checked I'm calling the correct databases etc and I'm using code I know for a fact works due to it's use on several other systems. When I do try and run the scripts/pages it either shows me nothing at all or shows me most of the page with the actual PHP code it SHOULD be running. Anyone else experienced this? I've tried install xampp to various locations to fix this problem including installing it to my primary drive e.g. C:/xampp and also to C:/Program Files (x86) and even to a separate partition e.g. D:/xampp but still it won't do what I want. Any ideas guys?

benji
benjithepenguin

Re: access any database/scripts don't work

Postby Wiedmann » 01. January 2010 21:18

However when I try and access any database/scripts I've made in the past it won't run them.

- You can't access the script?
- Or the script can't access the database?
- Any error message / log entry?
- Regarding database: phpMyAdmin is working?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows