Sharing with Dual OS

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Sharing with Dual OS

Postby Jaymie1989 » 19. December 2009 23:58

Hey,

Im here again with another problem.

I have Dual Booted XP Home with Vista Ultimate.

I have installed XAMPP on a Partition on my HDD which is Drive H: Its the same drive letter from both OS'.

I installed XAMPP while in Vista and its running perfectly. I have gone onto XP, Opened the XAMPP folder and opened the Control Panel and installed the Apace and MYSQL and started them but when I direct my browser to localhost or http://127.0.0.1 it cannot find the page.

I have googled sharing XAMPP with XP and Vista but it doesnt seem to wanna help.

Could someone please help me solve this one?

Thank you.
Jaymie1989

Re: Sharing with Dual OS

Postby Izzy » 20. December 2009 01:27

Have you ticked the Svc boxes in the XAMPP Control Panel?

If so then the registry of one OS is not aware of this and so may be chucking a wobbly.

Uninstall any of the components you have installed as a service then try again.

Possibly do an OS registry search and delete any references to any of XAMPP's components, as when installed as a service then the OS makes registry entries that once the services are uninstalled are no longer required - XAMPP makes no registry entries in it's own right.
Izzy

Postby Jaymie1989 » 21. December 2009 13:59

Hi,

Yea I ticked the boxes.

I have uninstalled XAMPP and will install it again and try it again.
Jaymie1989

Postby Jaymie1989 » 21. December 2009 15:31

Ok it didnt work.

I have installed it without drive letters and placed the xampp folder onto my USB Stick and when I direct my browser to http://localhost it cannot find it.
Jaymie1989

Return to XAMPP for Windows