Whats my username and password

Und alles was mit phpMyAdmin seine Verwandtschaft findet hat hier seinen Platz.

Whats my username and password

Postby tinkertron » 25. November 2009 06:13

Trying to access my phpmyadmin which brough me to a log in screen, but I don't know what my username and password.
tinkertron

Re: Whats my username and password

Postby Nobbie » 25. November 2009 11:34

Who installed and configured your MySQL Database? And who installed and configured your phpmyadmin Installation?
Nobbie

Postby tinkertron » 29. November 2009 05:18

I installed XAMPP myself, i don't remeber having to write down username and or password durning the installation.
tinkertron

Postby Izzy » 29. November 2009 10:04

tinkertron wrote:I installed XAMPP myself, i don't remeber having to write down username and or password durning the installation.
Try Username: root but leave the Password: empty - no password has been set yet.
Click on Go.

These details are included in the readme_en.txt file in the xampp installation folder.

To set a password for phpMyAdmin/MySQL click on the Security link in http://localhost/xampp/ Welcome Page and follow the link.

BTW, change from Yes to No at the Set a random password for the phpMyAdmin user 'pma': in the Security page or you may get unexplainable errors.

If you think you may forget the password for user root then tick the box above
(File: C:\xampp\security\mysqlrootpasswd.txt)
and it will save the password in a plain text file in the above folder if that is your default installation folder.
Izzy

Postby drop_lord » 24. August 2010 12:15

same.

I can run mysqladministrator and have used the command line to 'set' the password for mysql root but http://127.0.0.1 still does not accept that password.

edit: fixed

Need to edit the \xampp\security\xampp.users file also.
drop_lord

Return to phpMyAdmin