Server variables and settings, phpMyAdmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Server variables and settings, phpMyAdmin

Postby mejpark » 16. June 2009 19:34

Hello,

I would like to change the value of 'lower case table names', but I don't know how to change the "Server variables and settings" in phpMyAdmin.

I searched Google and Apache Friends Support Forum for "Server variables and settings" and "lower case table names", to no avail.

It seems that it is not possible to edit the variables using WinMySQLadmin 1.4. I am able to see them, but not edit them. I logged in as root.

Hope someone can help.

TIA
--
mejpark

Re: Server variables and settings, phpMyAdmin

Postby Wiedmann » 16. June 2009 21:10

I don't know how to change the "Server variables and settings" in phpMyAdmin.

Not possible.

I would like to change the value of 'lower case table names',

You must edit the file "my.ini" in "\xampp\mysql\bin".
(See the MySQL manual about option files.)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby mejpark » 17. June 2009 21:47

Thank you Wiedmann.

I do not have a 'my.ini' file in that location ('Show hidden files and folders' is enabled).

Although there is shortcut to my, but no location is specified. The file is type SpeedDial. Odd.

Anyway, I think I shall download the latest version and give that a try.
--
mejpark

Postby Wiedmann » 17. June 2009 22:02

I do not have a 'my.ini' file in that location ('Show hidden files and folders' is enabled).

Although there is shortcut to my,

So you have an older XAMPP (without knowing your XAMPP version, I must assume you have the latest one...) and the filename is "my.cnf".
--> Just drag 'n drop this file in your editor.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby ManuAdam » 22. November 2009 22:20

I am facing the same problem with XAMPP 1.6.8. It is not such an old version and i have reverted back to it after facing problem with other latest version like 1.7.1 and finally 1.7.2 (with php 5.3). Problem is that in Xampp 1.6.8 mysql bin directory there is neither my.ini file nor my.cnf file. Instead it provides winmysqladmin in bin dorectory through one can supposedly edit my.ini. But when I try to edit or add on my.ini tab ther e and then save changes,it doesn't show and variables still show the same old values. I cant put back so many websites due to error 2006 (server has gone away) , which can be corrected by increasing the value of max_allowed_packet from 1M to higher value like 20M. Please help me in editing the my.ini file so that I could get back my websites.
ManuAdam

Return to XAMPP for Windows