MY SQL status DEACTIVATED Xampp for linux

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MY SQL status DEACTIVATED Xampp for linux

Postby champikamalinda » 16. November 2009 11:51

hi,

i installed Xampp for linux 1.7.2 in ubuntu desktop version
when i start the lampp it is starting successfully. but the Xampp status page it indicates MySQL status as DEACTIVATEd
i cant connect to the MySQL server through odbc connection. why this is happend?

thank you
champikamalinda

Re: MY SQL status DEACTIVATED Xampp for linux

Postby Brabax » 21. November 2009 22:52

Do you see an error message when you start the MySQL-Server?
Is there maybe something in the responsible error logs? (I dunno where they are, just search for *.log)
Is there already another MySQL-Server running or any other program blocking the responsible port?

Brabax
We've already reached tomorrow's yesterday but we're still far away from yesterday's tomorrow.
Brabax

Postby Izzy » 22. November 2009 00:15

champikamalinda wrote:...but the Xampp status page it indicates MySQL status as DEACTIVATEd
Here are search results from the XAMPP for Linux forum for keyword deactivated, which quite often is all one needs do as most of these questions have been asked and answered many times before.
Izzy

Postby ric1 » 24. November 2009 20:48

I had similar (or even identical problem) and after some time googled <xampp cd collection> and found
<http://www.upmykilt.net/2007/12/turn-on-the-xampp-part-2/> which answered it all. I inserted my new mysql password between the "" following "root" in a function called mysql_connect (I think as not in front of me) and hey presto, all OK. Thank you Upmykilt and geek effect.
ric1

Return to XAMPP for Linux