XAMPP Control Status-Check Windows 7 [SOLVED]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Control Status-Check Windows 7 [SOLVED]

Postby Brabax » 21. November 2009 18:08

Hello everybody.

I've recently migrated to Windows 7 and installed xampplite with the exe-Setup (to C:\xampplite).
So far so good, everything is running and I encounter no problems running the apache and the SQL-Server.

The only problem I have - and its a detail really but it kinda bugs me - is that when I run XAMPP Control I can run the apache and the SQL but I can't stop them. That is, because XAMPP Control does not seem to be able to analyze the running status of these servers.
Also different Tasks like Port-Scan and Setup do not seem to work. Clicking these Buttons simply yields no result.
Clicking the "refresh" button however gets XC to refresh the status but still it doesn't get it right.
So XC does start these servers when I hit "start" but the button doesn't change to "stop".
The XC-Output:
Code: Select all
XAMPP Control Panel Version 2.5.8 (2009-07-28)
XAMPP for Windows Version
Current Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Status Check OK
Busy...
Apache started
Busy...
MySQL started

I don't know exactly how XC checks the server status but I tried to reconfigure the firewall to enable XC to send and receive but the problem doesn't seem to be so simple.
The processes httpd.exe and mysqld.exe are present in the Task-Manager overview hence the problem shouldn't be rooted there either (I guess :) ).

Does anyone of you have any idea what could cause this problem?
What does "Current Directory: C:\Windows\system32" mean? Could it be part of the problem?

best regards

Brabax
Last edited by Brabax on 21. November 2009 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Brabax

Re: XAMPP Control Status-Check Windows 7

Postby Wiedmann » 21. November 2009 18:53

What does "Current Directory: C:\Windows\system32" mean? Could it be part of the problem?

That's the problem... How did you start the CP?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: XAMPP Control Status-Check Windows 7

Postby Brabax » 21. November 2009 19:04

Darn it... I did start it via a Windows-Applet which seems to execute it with a wrong working directory.
I tried to start it from the xampp dir and it worked just fine.

Thx for your help

Best regards

Brabax
We've already reached tomorrow's yesterday but we're still far away from yesterday's tomorrow.
Brabax

Return to XAMPP for Windows