ONE SECRET OF LIFE REVEALED

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

ONE SECRET OF LIFE REVEALED

Postby isawick » 19. November 2009 05:17

Before I reveal the secret...
Does anyone know how to go about setting up a dbase in mysql while running Joomla! on a local host?
Thanx,
Rick

ONE SECRET OF LIFE REVEALED:
Outdoor carpet can be used 'outdoors' and 'indoors'.
Indoor carpet can only be used 'indoors'.
isawick

Re: ONE SECRET OF LIFE REVEALED

Postby Izzy » 19. November 2009 06:34

Here is a secret you can reveal - what version of XAMPP and which Windows OS?

Follow these instructions but replace all references to WordPress with the details for your Joomla database.

These instructions help create a database for any script in phpMyAdmin like WordPress, Joomla etc.
viewtopic.php?p=135246#p135246
Izzy

Postby isawick » 19. November 2009 16:22

Thanks Izzy.
isawick

Postby isawick » 19. November 2009 18:44

I am running xampp 1.7.2 on an XP platform ... as a LocalHost
Everything seems to have fired. However there is an error message superimposed on every page:

Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in F:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line 99

Any thoughts on the reason for this? Sorry. New to Joomla!
Thx
Rick
isawick

Postby Izzy » 19. November 2009 22:48

This is an XAMPP for Windows related forum but your question is now for Joomla.

Best asking your question on the Joomla forums for Joomla related issues.
Izzy

Postby isawick » 22. November 2009 01:25

Hi Izzy,
Thank you for the help you have offered me.

It's no secret that many Joomla! publications (including the official Joomla! site) refer and point to xampp and apachefriends.org as a valid and recommended resource for installing Joomla! on a local host. Therefore; it should come as no surprise to you that some; including myself, are here to integrate Apache, PHP, and MySql into a local server environment that Joomla! can operate within. (Indeed; my original post referred to Joomla!)
If my questions are contrary to your philosophy, I would encourage you ignore them.

I will begin a new thread regarding the integration of xampp installed components and Joomla.

Best regards.
Rick

P.S. Are you an Admin or anyone of any other special importance/authority on this board?
isawick

Postby Izzy » 22. November 2009 07:01

isawick wrote:If my questions are contrary to your philosophy, I would encourage you ignore them.
Your original question was related to setting up a database using 2 of XAMPP's components of which there were readily available answers on these forums - no problem.

Your second off topic question was purely a Joomla script related error and as such you would receive a more authoritative and faster response from the Joomla web site than here was all I was trying to convey - I have seen delays here were often those delays were reduced by contacting the third party script author's web site.

Unless someone on these forums has installed Joomla and had encountered your Joomla script error then you may have to wait some time for answers.

isawick wrote:I will begin a new thread regarding the integration of xampp installed components and Joomla.
The Joomla forums are still the best location to get help with your Joomla issues.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows