Uninstallation

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Uninstallation

Postby VivekKalia » 07. November 2009 05:21

Hello,

Recently I was trying to uninstall xampplite, but whenever I clicked the uninstal_xampplite button CMD would pop up and it would say "CSCRIPT.EXE is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file" or something along those lines. There is also no uninstall option in the control panel. I then proceeded on trying to delete the files, but being on Vista it told me that I did not have permission to do that, although I am the admin. So my question to anyone who can help is how do I uninstall XAMPPLITE? If I download XAMPPLITE again, will it install over the files, or would it tell me that I already have it installed?

Thanks to whoever can answer this question.

Vivek
VivekKalia

Re: Uninstallation

Postby Izzy » 07. November 2009 06:15

There are 2 methods to uninstall XAMPP and they are covered in the XAMPP for Windows home page.

Here is the second method as you are having issues with the first.

You first Stop all the XAMPP components by clicking on the Stop buttons in the XAMPP control Panel.

Next make sure that all NT Services are uninstalled by removing the ticks in the Svc boxes in the XAMPP Control Panel.

Next close the XAMPP Control Panel.

Next delete the xampplite folder.

If some of these are not carried out then files will remain in use by Windows and so it won't let you delete the folders.

Consider becoming a Vista Super Admin and also temporarily disable the UAC and see if that helps with controlling Vista.

Also try a reboot and test again that the NT Services of the XAMPP components are not being loaded again.

If I download XAMPPLITE again, will it install over the files, or would it tell me that I already have it installed?
You should first make sure that you have uninstalled the previous attempt or you may end up compounding your issues.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows