Cannot import my sql database file - solved

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cannot import my sql database file - solved

Postby daweser » 30. April 2009 22:20

I had a Joomla 1.5 website hosted on the previous version of xampp running on localhost - MacPro using Leopard
I decided to upgrade - exported my sql database. Did not back up joomla15 in the htdocs file before updating to xampp 1.0.1; however, I used Time Machine and restored the joomla15 files into the htdocs folder. I then opened phpMyAdmin to import the file I had exported.

The import does not work for the new version of xampp and I get the following message. I am very much a beginner in this whole process, but at least I have had a web site working on localhost and remote host before making this attempt to upgrade so I do not know what all the information below means.

Please help
thanks

Error
SQL query:

-- -- Database: `joomla15` -- -- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table `bak_banner` -- CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `bak_banner` ( `bid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `type` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'banner', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `imptotal` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `impmade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `clicks` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `imageurl` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `clickurl` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `date` datetime default NULL, `showBanner` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `editor` varchar(50) default NULL, `custombannercode` text, `catid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `description` text NOT NULL, `sticky` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NUL[...]

MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected
Last edited by daweser on 01. May 2009 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
daweser

Re: Cannot import my sql database file

Postby Wiedmann » 30. April 2009 22:47

#1046 - No database selected

First select a database in phpMyAdmin, And then do the import.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: Cannot import my sql database file

Postby daweser » 30. April 2009 23:23

Thanks much
Not knowing which database to select, I first selected mysql. All loaded into that database but of course did not change the name to joomla.

I then selected the test database and the same thing happened, but at least I did not have files in the test database that do not belong in the joomla database. Do I then change the name of the test database? How do I do that? I hope I have not created other problems.

we are making progress

please help

Okay, with a little work, I figured it out. Create a new database called joomla15 and then import the previously exported database.

We are back up and running. :D
daweser

Re: Cannot import my sql database file - solved

Postby zlatan24 » 30. October 2009 23:53

Once I worked with sql files and after I saw that it was deleted no one knows how.But to my surprise the friend advised me-any way to extract the tables from .mdf file of sql server 2005....Tool solved my issues in seconds for free and furthermore utility helped my other friend either.
zlatan24

Return to XAMPP for macOS