XAMPP is installed in a wrong Location

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP is installed in a wrong Location

Postby Oskar Rough » 23. October 2009 08:29

Hi,

I've succesfully installed XAMPP 1.7.2a on Snow Leopard. However, after a few days I'm getting this error when trying to open XAMPP.app:
Code: Select all
XAMPP is installed in a wrong Location!

I've got no idea why it's giving this error. I'm still able to start XAMPP via the Terminal, however. Any ideas?
Oskar Rough

Re: XAMPP is installed in a wrong Location

Postby MegaChriz » 23. October 2009 09:23

My guess is that you used an older XAMPP controls application (the one that came with the XAMPP for Mac 0.7-series). The icon of this application is round with a dimmed X in it. You should use the application which icon is an orange square with a white X in it.

If you use the latest XAMPP controls application, then tell me where you've installed XAMPP. Is it in '/Applications/XAMPP/'?
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby Oskar Rough » 23. October 2009 09:41

Thanks for your reply. I believe I'm using the newest controls application? And the XAMPP folder is /Applications/XAMMP yes.

Oskar Rough

Postby MegaChriz » 23. October 2009 14:30

The paths and the application you use should be okay. Maybe you accidently removed something? What happens if you reinstall XAMPP? (Don't forget to make a backup of your current XAMPP-installation, because your htdocs, databases and settings will be overwritten when reinstalling XAMPP.)
MegaChriz

Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby kleinweby » 23. October 2009 14:38

There is a littel error in the XAMPP Control that sometimes cause this. See here.
kleinweby
AF Moderator

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7

Return to XAMPP for macOS