php not communicating with mysql

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

php not communicating with mysql

Postby spakkle30 » 06. October 2009 10:10

Hello All.
I have installed xampp a few times over the years, and have a problem i cant seem to sort. heres some info;

running vista home premium, installed xampp,
document root is c:/php sites/
xampp is c:/php sites/xampp

I have installed it in this location more than once on my previous machines, and have set all the info in my php.ini and http.conf file etc and have installed the ODBC connecter for mysql. I can access phpmyadmin happily and Navicat can also access mysql. however, I can also access localhost from my browser and it shows correctly. the problem is:

mysql queries are not working, they are not pulling any data from the database and no errors are thrown even if i use the incorrect table names, and passwords for mysql, no errors at all are shown (even with error_reporting(E_ALL);)

I have been googling this since last night, and have put the php dll's into the system32 folder etc, restarted both apache and mysql but still nothing. the only help i get in the error logs is

PHP Warning: Module 'mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: Module 'mysql' already loaded in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />
[Tue Oct 06 10:06:12 2009] [notice] Child 5724: Child process is running

can anyone help? thank you in advance
spakkle30

Re: php not communicating with mysql

Postby Wiedmann » 06. October 2009 11:03

mysql queries are not working,

This happens in your own scripts?

Because...
I can access phpmyadmin happily

... phpMyAdmin is also a simple PHP script.

I have been googling this since last night, and have put the php dll's into the system32 folder etc

Revert your changes.

the only help i get in the error logs is

You get this errors after changing the configuration yourself?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: php not communicating with mysql

Postby spakkle30 » 06. October 2009 11:58

Hiya
that is what is so confusing. it doesn't seem right. My scripts worked perfectly on my previous tower 9which i was using until yesterday), so i don't see what's happening. I am going to go through the php.ini file with a fine tooth comb as i think i did have an older version and things may have changed since my other release.
spakkle30

Return to XAMPP for Windows